header.gif (12,818 bytes)

3.04.2008

A Gift Full of Surprises!

Recently, I've been working hard on a baby scrapbook album for my co-worker and his wife! Sunday, I went to the baby shower and finally got 'rid' of this project...and boy and I'm glad! They truly loved the gift. I love creating paper art, especially for preserving memories and what better gift for a new baby!


"Sweet Pea" was one of my favorite layouts. I used DCWV chipboard letters for the title. For the striped paper, I used DCWV Nursery collection for baby girls. I circle punched in basic white and inked the edges to give it a finished look. I added a few pink brads to side green DCWV paper for a decorative touch. Now, all it needs is a picture!







I can't believe I actually cut out the pea pod! I free handed the pea pod. As a point of reference, I always use Google images as a guide to sketch my artwork. I cut out my sketch, then added dotted lines along the edges with my black marker for a dimensional look. And of course I included in the lettering inside to create the 'pea in the pod!'







"Daddy's Little Girl" turned out fabulous! I did not think this would be one of my favorites, but it is. The background paper is a "Dad" theme with all of the possible names a child would call him. I like the combination of the fuchsia with the army green! I stitched around the edges to add a little extra spice using my Janome Sew Mini. I added three green eyelets by using my Crop-a-Dile.







I used my Cricut Expressions die cutting machine to cut the title "Daddy's Little Girl." I used the Alphalicious cartridge. I also used the Stretch Your Imagination Cricut cartridge for the flowers. The flower buds are accented with pink and green buttons. The wave design I sketched, then cut using my Tim Holtz scissors.







I also decorated a plain white gift bag to match my card "Baby Girl." On the card and the bag, I stamped a dressy "onesie" and the wording "baby girl" in pink ink. I added a pink and green ribbon to the bag to dress it up a bit. I also matched the gift box that included onesies.








Originally, this was a plain white box and included "onesies" for the little one. I would have loved to stamp each onesie with a cute 'girly' image, but did not have the permanent ink in my supply closet. So, I just rolled each onesie separately and bundled them with ribbon that matched the gift box. I used my circle scallop punches and stamped "baby girl" for the top. The lid can easily be removed and keeps its decorative touch!






I'm still busy researching the best options for my website, so hopefully I can make a final decision this week! Until then, this blogging concept is catching on pretty well! Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Blog Design: Girly by Design