header.gif (12,818 bytes)

4.21.2008

Fluttering Birthday Wishes

I hope everyone had a great weekend! First, I wanted to make an announcement for the local Northern Virginia paper artists! Get Croppin' is sponsoring their 4th annual Virginia Scrapbooking and Craft Yard Sale on Sunday, April 27, 2008 at the Prince William County Fairgrounds. Although I have too much stuff, I'm not ready to part with it just yet. But, I do plan to stop by to see if they have any great bargains on those must-have items! I hope this information is helpful to those who are looking for great supplies at bargain prices!






Now, on to a couple of cards I made on Friday. Since I just received my PTI order from their April release, I started with their Lemon Tart card stock as my base. I cut my paper at 4-1/2" x 11" and scored it at 5-1/2". Next, I stamped the small cherry blossoms in chocolate chip craft ink, then embossed it with clear embossing powder. K&Company Wild Saffron Butterfly Swirl pattern paper is used on the bottom half of the card. I added a chocolate chip strip of brown card stock to divide the two panels. This card stock was leftover from my Simple Delights note card set! I embellished the card with a felt flower and a butterfly. Happy Birthday sentiment is stamped in white craft ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

I tried to create two cards with the same style, but that never quite happens. The main difference here, is I used a butterfly embellishment. I hope these cards bring lots of 'fluttering' wishes into their hearts!
Supplies for both cards
Stamp: Paper Source (small cherry blossom); PTI Father Knows Best (happy birthday)
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip; White
Paper: PTI(lemon tart), SU! (chocolate chip); Pattern Paper: K&Company Wild Saffron (Michaels)
Accessories: K&Company Wild Saffron (butterflies & felt flower); clear embossing powder
Technique: Stamped; Embossed
Card Size
: 4-1/4 x 5-1/2

No comments:

Blog Design: Girly by Design