header.gif (12,818 bytes)

5.22.2008

Customized Acrylic Scrapbook

This is an acrylic book. My creation of it defeats the purpose of an acrylic book because I almost completely covered it! I did use double-side paper to get the most out of it, so I guess I did alright! I used so many different papers that I cannot recall! Here is the entire book of a celebration. Sometimes you may want to capture an event, but not in a large book...this is the ideal book for those occasions!


The acrylic book contains a total of 10 pages. I can typically fit about 10-15 pictures in each book depending on their sizes and content. They are bound by two rings. I decorate the rings with some ribbon.

I designed this book by customizing it with American Craft Thickers. I also used paper flowers and buttons to accentuate the page. I added the number "60" with Heidi Swapp brown chipboard numbers. The "captured moments" is a rub-on from TLC, who has now dissolved. However, you can still find their products here.








This is the next page of the book. Each page is decorated with the same theme for continuity and style!









Pages 4-5 show the occasion as it occurred. I use pictures to tell the story of the event so that random pictures are not scattered throughout the book.








Pages 6-7 is an example of how I took one photo and divided them into two! Sometimes pictures do not fit in small books, but you can always divide them to create different looks and add more pictures!










Pages 8-9 show more designs and I'm not sure what to elaborate on here!










This is the final page of the book. I continued the customization by adding another name. A ribbon is also added for dimension. I know you cannot tell, but the Happy Birthday balloon photo is cut out in a circle and popped off the picture. The original picture showed the balloon with a long ribbon, which was not conducive for this book, so I punched it out and popped it off the page to make sure it continued to be a memory forever!

No comments:

Blog Design: Girly by Design