header.gif (12,818 bytes)

5.02.2008

Kate Spade Inspiration

Well at least Kate Spade caught your attention! I participated in Beate's Be Inspired #11 that is based off of a Kate Spade card. I was inspired by the simple layout, the colorful dots, and the colors. So, here is what I created!

First, I stamped the background flower stamp in various colors, allowing them to 'grow' off the card. Next, I stamped the outlining flower in brown over the background color. Then I used the bud stamps as circles to stamp in various colors. The sentiment "Friends are the flowers in the garden of life" is stamped in brown ink flowing through the flowers. The benefit of using clear stamps in their versatility. So, I curved my stamp on the acrylic block, first making sure it was in the right shape, then stamped! It adds great appeal and looks custom printed...only I stamped it all!! I'm shocked! Thanks Beate for this challenge, as I learned more than I thought I would! I also stamped a portion of the white envelope to match the card!

My Goodies
Stamp: PTI Garden of Life
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip; PTI Summer Sunrise, Aqua Mist, Spring Moss; CTMH Bubblegum
Paper: PTI white card stock; K & Co pre-scored card
Technique: Stamped
Card Size: 9.25" x 3.75"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ashley, your card looks fantastic! I absolutely love it. Thanks for playing.
Hugs and smiles

Blog Design: Girly by Design