header.gif (12,818 bytes)

6.14.2008

Baby Girl Scrapbook Layouts

Today, I am going to share with you a few layouts of the baby girl scrapbook I made in about 30 hours last Saturday-Sunday! I work well under deadline and pressure! The pictures are taken in the protective sleeve to give you an idea of how they look when protected in a scrapbook, so there may be a glare...sorry! This scrapbook was given along with a card and gift bag featured in this post. More layouts are featured here.





I'll start out with the cover of the scrapbook. I like to get basic solid colors for books, then decorate them. I did not want to do it too much for this book because I was unsure of colors of the baby's room. However, always think personalization. For instance, if I knew the baby's name, I would have included it on the front instead of "our baby." I added hydrangea petals by Prima from The Stamping and Scrapbooking Room in Greensboro. The letters are American Craft Thickers - my new FAVORITE!







This picture is the first page of the book. It is intended to be the baby's birth announcement. I also stamped a birth announcement on the mat for mom or dad to jot in for personalization. I also stamped a onesie and booties and added pink rhinestones. The stamp is from AC Moore by Clearly Wordsworth called "Baby." The background pattern paper is by DCWV Nursery mat stack and are 'chicks.' I added a 2" pink ribbon with a green ribbon tied around it. The title of the scrap-page is "miracle baby" and is created by American Craft Thickers and Cricut cartridge New Arrival.






The "All Dressed Up" layout is one of my favorite designs! I used a onesie pattern paper background for the left side from DCWV Nursery stack and carried it over as mats for pictures on the right side. New Arrival Cricut cartridge used to create onesies on the left page. Accent Essentials Cricut cartridge used to create flowers on both pages. Alphalicious Critcut cartridge used to generate the lettering on both pages.



"Bath Time" is a close second as my favorite design. New Arrival Cricut cartridge is amazing and created the title, bath tub, and ducks! I added "bubbles" on the bath with Alphalicious cartridge. On the left page, the centered white mat is stamped with a journaling stamp for mom or dad to jot down some funny stuff about baby's bath time! I also added a small journaling second on page two with some black corner edges.



"Cute as a Button" is a fun layout. I used pattern paper from DCWV Nursery stack on the left side and plain white card stock on the right. I added strips of the white card stock with buttons on top on the left page. Coordinating pattern paper is added to the right page as the picture mat. The circles were created using the Accent Essentials Cricut. All lettering was by KI Memories; Celebration Collection called "It' a Girl Felt Alpha" and "It's a Boy Felt Alpha" purchased at Archiver's.


"Daddy's Little Girl" was created using Alphalicious and New Arrival Cartridges. I punched cirlces and stamped them with daddy's little girl. I also inserted eyelets on the side and tied hemp around it. Journaling stamp was used on the right page to add a little blurb about the picture. I also stitched around the wave and title at the bottom. The wave was created using Creative Memories curvy paper trimmer.

I will share the remaining layouts with you in tomorrow's post, so this one will not be overloaded!

No comments:

Blog Design: Girly by Design