header.gif (12,818 bytes)

7.30.2008

i love u

I participated in last week's sketch challenge over at SCS. Although this week's challenge is already out! Since I have not participated in a while, I had a difficult time organizing what I wanted to do with the card. Here is my adventure.

I started out with the new brown polka dot pattern paper from Papertrey because I know I can make that match almost anything. I had a few other pattern papers that did not make the card, so I chose the simple butter cardstock. Now, what do I put on it? I knew it was going to be plain if I did not add stitching, so I pulled out Janome (Sew Mini) and stitched around the edges. Then, I added the thickers, when I realized, it needed something else. I thought about the Always stamp set because it has the heart. I am not a heart person at all and actually do not like them, but this one is an exception because it is decorated! So, I stamped it in red, then in versamark, then heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I cut out the heart only and inked it with Amaretto powder puff by Quick Quotes. Next, I added the brown striped ribbon around the card. Since the card is scored on the side I needed the ribbon to wrap around, I simply cut a vent for the ribbon to wrap through. Don't use too much ribbon! I cut it short right behind the yellow cardstock (a secret for those of you who only receive them). Now, I added the heart and reapplied the thickers so they fit appropriately on the card. I also stamped the word love on vanilla cardstock, then distressed the edges. I popped it off of the card base as a tab and reminder of what the card was about...love. Oh yeah, the left side was so plain to me, so I added the red jewel brads. I did not follow the sketch exactly, but that wouldn't be creative would it?!

:: My Goodies ::
Stamp: Always; $1 Alpha Stamps (Michaels)
Ink: Brown; Red; VersaMark
Paper: Pattern Paper:
PTI; Cardstock: Brown, Butter
Accessories: AC Thickers; MM Jewel Brads; Janome Sew Mini/Thread
Technique: Stamped; Heat Embossed

No comments:

Blog Design: Girly by Design