header.gif (12,818 bytes)

10.13.2008

Trying Something New

It's Monday, but a relaxing one since it's a holiday! I got a chance to visit Angela's Happy Stamper today for my special order that has been in for over a month now! They still had it saved for me! So, I picked up some new Hero Arts design block stamps, a couple of Halloween stamps, some leaf ribbon, and a few other goodies.

Today, I decided to 'try' some new things with my time. Over at Michelle Giraud's blog, she has instructions on how to download a free popcorn box template from Paper Addiction. So, I decided to try it out and make a fun little box.







For my card tutorial, I was over on YouTube and watched stampfest's video on waterfall cards. This was my first time doing this, so don't be too critical! To see how this card works, please see the link above for the tutorial and demonstration!

I stamped the center squares to match the pattern paper, but now I'm thinking that it's too much and on future cards I would keep it more simple. I can't believe I nearly matched the pattern paper! On my card, when you pull the red ribbon at the bottom, the four squares pull downwards in a waterfall type of way, exposing a "Birthday Wishes" sentiment stamped on the blue cardstock.

This is a unique card. I stamped various sentiments on each of the four squares for meaning.







Here is a close-up of the popcorn box.


:: My Goodies ::

Stamps: PTI-Out on a Limb (sentiments); Beautiful Blooms (flowers); All about U (flower)
Ink: CTMH-Cranberry, Black, Bamboo; PTI-Aqua Mist
Paper: Cardstocks: White, Black, Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist; Pattern Paper: Metropolitan American Crafts
Accessories: PTI pure poppy grosgrain+ topnotch twill ribbon, AC taupe ribbon; dimensionals; scallop edge punch' cranberry brads
Technique: Stamped
Card Size: 5.5 x 4.25

2 comments:

Catherine said...

very pretty Ashley. and good job for being a first time on making a waterfall card...love it! gotta try those popcorn box. and love teh PP that you used :)

M. Newell said...

Awesome photo of your work!

Blog Design: Girly by Design