header.gif (12,818 bytes)

10.09.2008

WOW!

I decided to post another card today since my earlier card was well not to par! So, I carried over the dots/circles theme and started over with K. Werner's Color Challenge. It's MUCH better. Well, at least I think so! I started with So Saffron card base and used Papertrey Ink's Women of Life stamp set to heat emboss the polka dots on the bottom portion of the card. Next, I heat embossed the sentiment using CTMH Alphabets on Ballet Blue carstock. With SU! So Much stamp set, I heat embossed the large circle on Ruby Red cardstock. I divided the card base with green ribbon and adhered most components with dimensionals. I tied the "O" in the knot of the ribbon. Since the colors reminded me of kids, I decided to create a card that demonstrated that and perhaps for a child doing great in school!

This is my first entry, see my second entry here.





:: My Goodies ::
Stamps: Papertrey Ink-Women of Life (dots); SU!-So Much (large circle); CTMH-Alphabets (sentiment)
Ink: Versamark
Paper: Cardstocks: SU!-Ballet Blue, Ruby Red, So Saffron
Accessories: clear embossing powder, heat gun, PTI spring moss grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals
Technique: Stamped; Heat Embossed
Card Size: 5.5 x 4.25

13 comments:

Kadee said...

love it!

Sherri said...

Wow - great card!

Tenia Nelson said...

Just Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing!!

-t

Megan said...

So fun...I love it!

SmilynStef said...

How fun is that circle ... great design.

Amy said...

Too cool.

Erica Bass said...

Great layout. I like how you kept the card modern, and love the idea of tying the o in the ribbon!

Karen Giron said...

Very fun - love the ribbon around the 'o' too!

Becky said...

WOW! What a crisp, clean, simple card! I love it!

Jill said...

You have a great blog. Love your card!

Leonie said...

This is a great card, well done

Deanna said...

Very kewl, love your take!

LORi said...

What a FUN Card!! Great Job!!

Blog Design: Girly by Design