header.gif (12,818 bytes)

11.04.2008

I Miss You


This card is made based off of Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge. I know I am a little late, but at least I did do one this time! I'm going to try to start to do them every weekend, but with the holidays approaching, that may be a bit too much of a commitment! I liked the layout a lot with the double scalloped edge. Instead of the circle, I used a large button. The pattern paper is a special handmade paper I purchased at Oblation in Portland this summer. The paper store was similar to Paper-Source, but more of a 'mom and pop.'

To create this card:
  1. Make card base (using vanilla cardstock) by cutting cardstock to 4.25" x 11", then score at 5.5".
  2. Cut brown cardstock to 4.25" x 5.5" (to use as the card base so stitching will not show through card or you can trim your card in brown cardstock and allow stitching to show).
  3. Trim berry sorbet cardstock to approx. 3.5" x 4.5".
  4. Using the scallop edge punch, scallop both 3.5" edges.
  5. Trim pattern paper to approx. 3.5" x 4.5" and adhere to the center of the berry sorbet cardstock.
  6. With a leftover scrap of berry sorbet, adhere a strip to the center.
  7. Stamp a sentiment on the berry sorbet cardstock.
  8. Thread button with twine and adhere to berry sorbet strip
  9. Add rhinestones to the center of the flowers on pattern paper.
  10. Using a sewing machine, stitch around the edges of the brown cardstock.
  11. Pop the scalloped edge focal point off of the brown cardstock.
  12. Adhere brown cardstock to vanilla card base.
Today is election day, so please do not forget to vote! This could be my last posting for this week because I am off to Orlando/Disney World for the remainder of the week and weekend! I should be back to post some photos at the least!

Oh yeah, the blog has over 10,000 hits, so I may post a blog candy while I am gone for everyone to sign up for...that sounds like a better idea!

:: My Goodies ::
Stamps: Close to My Heart - Say it In Style
Ink: Brown
Cardstock: Dark Chocolate; Berry Sorbet; Vanilla
Pattern Paper: Handmade Oblation Papers
Accessories: brown button; twine; thread; sewing machine; scallop edge punch; dimensionals; pink rhinestones
Technique: Stamped
Card Size: 4.25 x 5.5

6 comments:

Catherine said...

Oh i'm glad you're starting to do her WSC, and you're going to ROCK it. Love everything about this, the PP... love it! And love that you added those stiches on all sides, i have to learn how to sew...LOL! and a great touch with that HUGE button...LOVE IT! oh i said that already...hehehe.

Anonymous said...

Great card! Love the colors!
WOW, over 10,000 hits! You ROCK!
Have a great trip.

Stamping Cafe said...

I love your cards. I gave you an award over my blog, I hope you don't mind.

Anonymous said...

I recently found your blog and just wanted to say that I am really loving it! Your cards are beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us.

Ann said...

Oh, I love the colors, stitching, and rhinestones! :D

Angie Tieman said...

Fabulous card!! Love the big button for the circle!

Blog Design: Girly by Design