header.gif (12,818 bytes)

12.10.2008

Birthday in Stitches


It's Hump Day and I'm glad it's almost the weekend. I have a lot to look forward to and hopefully accomplish a lot! This card features colors from K. Werner's Color Challenge. They're not my style at all and I really do not like the card. I should have called it quits this late in the game! I embossed 50 cards tonight, then tried to complete this challenge. What was I thinking? Well, at least I have a birthday card on hand and I also tried stitching too! It's very plain and simple, but you get the point!

Want to make this card...yeah right...well here is how:
  1. Trim cardstock to 11" x 4.25", then score at 5.5".
  2. Trim plum pudding cardstock to a square.
  3. Stamp flowers on lavendar moon cardstock, then cut out.
  4. Adhere flower square on plum pudding square using dimensionals.
  5. Stitch around the edges of plum pudding square.
  6. Adhere square to card base using dimensionals.
  7. Stamp sentiment on card base.
  8. Add liquid pearls.
:: My Goodies {happy birthday}::
Stamps: PTI-Father Knows Best (sentiment); Out of the box (flowers)
Ink: Plum Pudding
Paper: Cardstocks: PTI-Spring Moss; Plum Pudding; Lavender Moon
Accessories: liquid pearls; floss; dimensionals
Technique: Stamped
Card Size: 4.25 x 5.5

5 comments:

Deanna said...

I think it turned out cute but I did the same thing tonight... finished my DT stuff then tried to do the challenge! Too tired!

Catherine said...

oh this is so pretty, Ashley.

Stamping Cafe said...

This is so cute, love the stitches!

Karla said...

Hey Ashley... I have to say this is a cute card. I understand you . I do too have days or even weeks where whatever I do I don't like... but this is really cute, sometimes less is good too! really cute!

Anthonette said...

You rocked Kristina's challenge! Seriously. I wouldn't be surprised to see this card in the Top 10. I love the stitching and the liquid pearls.

Blog Design: Girly by Design