header.gif (12,818 bytes)

12.12.2008

Fast Friday {Holiday} Card


TGIF! I love Fridays because it's the start of the weekend. I have a lot of things I want to accomplish this weekend, so I am looking forward to it! Today's Fast Friday {Holiday} Card is so simple. I barely stamped, so I was finished in about 10 minutes. The most time took me to decide which embellishments to use and selecting the layout.

I found a box full of embellishment stickers my mom got me last year. I remember her saying they were only $1 per pack, so now I'm going to have to ask her where she got them to see what other dollar buys this place may have. I did not think I would have used them, but their perfect for quick cards and to embellish altered paper art!

The felt I purchased from Peachy Cheap (my new favorite hangout). It was a pretty decent supply of holiday felt die-cuts and pins for only $12.99. I received them today and was so excited, I had to use them, plus I'm working on a deadline here since Christmas is literally 2 weeks away.

I plan to share many more fast holiday cards through Christmas, so please make sure to check back again for some quick ideas and maybe even some holiday blog candy!

Create this fast Christmas card:
  1. Trim cardstock to 11" x 4.25", then score at 5.5".
  2. Trim polka dot pattern paper to fit the center of the card base.
  3. Adhere felt embellishments.
  4. Stamp sentiment on red cardstock, then adhere.
  5. Adhere sticker embellishments.
:: My Goodies {merry christmas}::
Stamps: PTI-holiday wishes (sentiment)
Ink: vintage cream
Paper: Cardstocks: PTI-Ripe avocado; pure poppy Pattern Paper: PTI-polka dot
Accessories: Sandylion Essentials stickers; Fancy Pants felt
Technique: Stamped (slightly)
Card Size: 4.25 x 5.5

7 comments:

Charlene Austin said...

OMG! Ashley this is incredible! I so have to check that link out. TFS!!

Deanna said...

Great card Ashley!

Regan said...

what a cute card-- love the felt, I wish Peachy chep shipped to Canada!

Catherine said...

i wish i can create a 10 minute card like this...gorgeous :)

Anthonette said...

Nice felt! Cool card. Thanks for the info about peachycheap.com. I'll be checking them out too.

Stamping Cafe said...

This is fabulous, Ashley!

Angie Tieman said...

Super cute card! Love that felty scallop border!

Blog Design: Girly by Design