I have a feeling this will be a long week. I can't wait for the weekend already and it's only Tuesday! Last night, I added many more holiday decorations. I'm almost there, but feel the need to update some of my decor. I hate that because each year they come out with stuff that just puts your decorations from the previous year to shame. Does anyone else feel the same way? So, later this month, I'll try to get some more 'stuff' and see if it goes on sale!
This card was inspired by this week's CPS Sketch. This card kind of fell into place because I embossed a leaf image on burgundy cardstock and I hated it, so somehow when sifting through scraps, I came across this polka dot pattern paper and I can't seem to ever turn polka dots down! They fit every time!
I think some stitching is missing from this card, but me and the sewing machine didn't get along the last time we hung out, so I decided to leave 'him' alone for a while! hee
- Make card base by trimming cardstock to 4.25" x 5.5" then score at 5.5" and set aside.
- Trim brown cardstock to about 2" x 5.5" and adhere to card base.
- Trim pattern paper to a square and adhere to center of the card base.
- Stamp "with" on burgundy cardstock and cut out.
- Stamp "gratitude" on olive cardstock and cut out.
Adhere sentiments to card base.
- Tie ribbon in a knot around card base.
- Adhere felt leaf to pattern paper on front of card.
Stamps: PTI-first fruits
Cardstock: kiwi kiss; dark chocolate; ripe avocado; bravo burgundy
Pattern Paper: PTI polka dot
Accessories: dimensionals; ripe avocado grosgrain ribbon; World Market-felt die cut leaf
Card Size: 4.25 x 4.25