header.gif (12,818 bytes)

1.23.2009

Anniversary Bling



TGIF!!

This card uses some bling for this week's Loonie Stamper's Challenge. I also combine it with K. Werner's Color Challenge (again). I do not know why I selected these colors again, but it started out with me thinking that the bling will show up best on dark cardstock, so I went for black and the rest is history!

Once I found out the Loonie Challenge, I sketched out an idea on paper. I normally do not do this, but for the past few weeks, I have been sketching card designs. This card transformed many times. I had to remove the scalloped square focal point a few times because the first time, I stamped the sentiment REALLY crooked (RE-DO), then the second time, I thought that the swiss dots embossing was needed...bad! So, I took my time, trying not to get frustrated and finally finished!

Does anyone have these Heide Swap bling frames? Well, to me they are very hard to center on your cardstock, especially if you are trying to fit in a scalloped square! I worked with that about 4 times, finally to get it on and centered enough! Is there some other technique I should know about? If so, please share!!

Well, I hope you all have a good weekend and take a look at the Loonie Stamper's Challenge and K. Werner submissions!!

How did I make that?
  1. Trim yellow cardstock to 4.25" x 11", then score at 5.5".
  2. Dry emboss top portion of the card base.
  3. Stamp sentiment on the bottom of card base.
  4. Tie ribbon around card base in a bow, then set aside.
  5. Die cut scalloped square.
  6. Adhere bling square to scalloped square.
  7. Stamp hearts on cardstock (the red heart is clear heat embossed) and cut out.
  8. Adhere hearts to scalloped square.
  9. Stitch button to flower and adhere to heart.
  10. Adhere scalloped square to card base.
:: My Goodies {anniversary bling}::
Stamps: Papertrey Ink-heart prints
Ink: Stampin' Up!-basic black; Close to My Heart-black
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink-pure poppy, spring moss; Stampin' Up!-so saffron; American Crafts-black
Accessories: SEI button; Bazzill-floss; Spellbinders-scalloped square nestabilities; cuttlebug; swiss dots embossing folder; American Crafts-felt flower; sheer white ribbon; Heide Swapp-bling frame
Card Size: 4.25 x 5.5

12 comments:

Stamping Cafe said...

Beautiful card as always, Ashley! You rock!

Winter said...

Pretty card, so elegant!

Julie-Ann Wells (Jewels) said...

That is a very bling-tastic card, I absolutely love it!!

Regan said...

awesome card Ashley!!!! LOOOOOVE it

Deanna said...

This is beautiful Ashley, I hope you linked this on as well to Kwerner, it is sure to be a pick of hers! Thanks for playing you were super fast this week!

Christina Smith said...

You are brave for doing the color challenge colors again! I really like the card!

Anonymous said...

Hey, the bling is perfect! Those colours were a bit crazy hey, I haven't decided it I am going to try it or not! Well done girlfriend!

Anonymous said...

Love it! I do have those rhinestone frames but in the rectangle shape and haven't used them yet. It will be interesting to try to get straight lines.

Anonymous said...

Love the bling and the dots...thanks for playing along!

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness...beautiful! Love the bling. I don't have those rhinestone frames. Love the Swiss dots too.

Jannina said...

love your design!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Blog Design: Girly by Design