header.gif (12,818 bytes)

2.03.2009

Happy Birthday Birdie


I'm really liking the raspberry fizz cardstock and find that it goes with almost every color! How on earth is that possible? I brought out my 'old' SU! Always bird...a classic! This is more of my scrappy style of a card that I typically do not do. It take a lot of steps and was difficult for me to tell you how to make because I did it last weekend! It's a lot of layering.

I've added a poll to the blog on the left. I just wanted to know whether anyone wanted to see more out of my blog. I was pondering a few ideas and wanted to see if they're even worth my efforts. So, if you get a chance, select one or more options to the poll OR you can even leave me a comment/email with any suggestions. I like to share my work and any information I find useful with each of you and want to make sure that it is effective!

A few weeks ago, my sister and I were 'models' for Mac, the photographer! Take a peek here and give him some love for those awesome shots!

Thanks for stopping by to see my birthday birdie. You have a great Tuesday!


Here is how you can make this birthday card:
  1. Trim blue cardstock to 4.25" x 8.5", then score at 4.25".
  2. Die cut circle and scallop circle.
  3. Dry emboss circle die cut.
  4. Stamp bird and cut out.
  5. Stamp sentiment and cut strip.
  6. Trim two strips of vanilla cardstock.
  7. Adhere circle die to scallop die.
  8. Adhere bird to circle die with dimensional.
  9. Tie ribbon around card base.
  10. Adhere scallop die to card base using dimensional.
  11. Adhere sentiment under ribbon and bird.
  12. Adhere two cardstock strips at the bottom of card base.
  13. Stick pin through ribbon knot.
  14. Adhere rhinestone to bird's eye.
:: My Goodies {Happy Birthday Birdie} ::
Stamps: Stampin' Up!-Always; Papertrey Ink-Birthday Basics
Ink: ColorBox-Chestnut; Stampin' Up!-chocolate chip
Cardstocks: Papertrey Ink-vintage vanilla + dark chocolate + spring rain + rapsberry fizz
Accessories: Making Memories-hat pin; Papertrey Ink-raspberry fizz polka dot ribbon; Spellbinders-circle + scallop circle nestabilities; swiss dots embossing folder; cuttlebug; KaiserCraft-rhinestone; dimensionals
Card Size: 4-1/4 x 4-1/4

7 comments:

Geny said...

Just Beautiful Ashley! Love the colors, layering and all the little details!

Maile Belles said...

This is one of my favorite color combos! Beautiful card and your shots are great!

Anonymous said...

OMG, that is really a stunning card! Love the ribbon and the embell's.

Angie Tieman said...

Ooooh, this is gorgeous!! Love that yummy bow with the goodies attached!

Becky Carafa said...

This is STUNNING! Just gorgeous. I've been using raspberry fizz on lots of stuff lately, too. Love it!

Stamping Cafe said...

Gorgeous card, love it!

PaperTree Designs said...

Oh its you who made this card! I have had this saved in my split coast favorites for ages.

Hugs
Deb (in Australia)
x

Blog Design: Girly by Design