header.gif (12,818 bytes)

2.20.2009

Thinking of You Trees...and a knee injury


TGIF...for real! I didn't create anything tonight because I needed to take it easy. At lunch, I had quite the fall down some concrete steps...UGH! Somehow, I missed a small step, at the top of the flight, causing my leg to give out. My knee absorbed all of the fall, so it's...busted, swollen, scraped, and bruised! How do you scrape your knee with jeans on and not tear a hole in the denim? Well I did just that today! I could have cried after I got up realizing I really hurt myself, but didn't and continued to get my lunch from the restaurant (picture me: limping inside)! Not too much stops me from eating, which means I'm fine!

Anyway, enough about my clumsy fall. Today, I'm sharing with you one of my Stampin' Up! only cards that I made earlier this week. When I first saw these little baby, baby trees (SIDENOTE: saying that reminds me of Will Farrow in Talledega Nights reference to sweet little baby, baby Jesus), I had to have them. It's pretty plain and simple, but most of my cards are!

Hope you have a great weekend. I'll be doctoring my knee and making a baby scrapbook. I'm off to elevant this puppy! Later! :)

Instructions
  1. Trim brown cardstock to 4.25" x 5.5".
  2. Trim kraft cardstock to 4" x 5.25" and distress edges.
  3. Trim white cardstock to 3.75" x 5".
  4. Stamp trees on white cardstock and again on white scraps.
  5. Cut out the tree tops from white scraps.
  6. Adhere the tree tops to the white cardstock.
  7. Scallop punch some brown cardstock and adhere to white cardstock.
  8. Tie ribbon around white cardstock into a bow.
  9. Stamp sentiment on white cardstock.
  10. Adhere all cardstocks together, then adhere to a pre-scored A2 white card base.

:: My Goodies {thinking of you trees}::
Stamps: SU-Trendy Trees
Ink: SU-Kiwi Kiss + Chocolate Chip
Cardstocks: Papertrey Ink-dark chocolate + kraft; PaperSource-White
Accessories: SU!-kiwi kiss stripe ribbon + scallop edge punch; dimensionals; Tim Holtz-paper distresser
Card Size: 4-1/4 x 5-1/2

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I love the card but more importantly, are you ok! Hey, maybe you can stay off work and hand out in your card room!!! That doesn't sound too bad to me!! Take care of yourself, eat chocolate...or wasn't it food that got you into this mess! LOL

judy said...

So sorry to hear about your fall. Wishing you a
speedy recovery!! I enjoy your cards and blog;
thanks for sharing.

Heather in FL said...

Cute, cute! Love the baby, baby trees. And the colors.

Sorry to hear about your knee, though. Ouchie!

sideoats + scribbles said...

Hi Ashley! So sorry to hear about your fall! Big hugs and hope it is all better soon!

AND! I LOVE your card!!!!

Happy Friday!

Marg said...

Hope you mend quickly. I love all your cards and ideas.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your fall! I did almost the same at work a few months ago. Hope it feels better quickly.

Kim L.

Deanna said...

Super cute card Ashley and that ribbon is delish! Faliing stinks... glad to hear everything is ok!

Julie-Ann Wells (Jewels) said...

Hey Ashley!! Hope you are ok. Hopefully it does not get in the way of your card making, I LOVE coming to see your wonderful creations! Oh and the little baby, baby trees are Great!!!

Savitri said...

This card is just awesome!!!! I hope you feel better. Sucks about your fall!

Anonymous said...

Super adorable card, Ashley! Those trees are sweet.

Sorry to hear about your fall. I've got some bad knees, so I hope your's heals up and doesn't cause problems later. Take care!

Angie Tieman said...

This is gorgeous!! Hope you are recovering from your fall and your knee is okay!

Blog Design: Girly by Design