header.gif (12,818 bytes)

3.23.2009

For a Gracious Hostess


Hey everyone! I hope your weekend was great. Mine was great. I started and ended it with exercise. Saturday morning was a bike ride and Sunday night was jump rope and Wii Sports! I LOVE my Wii! I should play it more. I know why I don't...I'm too busy crafting! :)

So, this card is inspired by Loonie Stamper's Challenge. I used the color combination selected, which was not too bad! I kept it simple, using one of my previous layouts. I wanted a card to express gratitude for someone who was a great hostess when you stayed at their home, regardless if it is a relative or a friend. Being a hostess is a big deal and many times we may take it for granted, so send a card to express your gratitude for all the pre-and-post-cleaning, cooking, chauffering, etc.

I hope you all have a great Monday!

Card Instructions
  1. Trim cardstock to an A2 size card.
  2. Trim brown cardstock into a rectangle and raspberry fizz cardstock into a square.
  3. Stamp images and sentiment.
  4. Adhere raspberry fizz cardstock to brown cardstock.
  5. Tie ribbon into a knot.
  6. Adhere to card front with foam adhesive.
:: My Goodies {For a Gracious Hostess}::
Stamps: Papertrey Ink-With Sympathy + Mixed Messages
Ink: ColorBox-Chestnut
Cardstocks: Papertrey Ink-Spring Moss + Dark Chocolate + Raspberry Fizz
Accessories: Papertrey Ink-new leaf ribbon; Hero Arts-rhinestones

6 comments:

Deanna said...

Totally gorgeous! You did awesome with this color challenge! Thanks so much for playing!

:)

Regan said...

beautiful as usual!!!!

Anonymous said...

HEY! Love it! The bling is a perfect touch!

Angie Tieman said...

Love that card!! Such a dramatic color combo! Good for you exercising! I'm trying to keep up with it too, just wish I had that wii!

Anonymous said...

Nice!! I totally laughed that you said the color combo was "not too bad". And I know it's because some colors are horrible but I won't name names (Wendy) and those people think it's funny! Not.

Have the best day Ash!! Chat soon.

Julie-Ann Wells (Jewels) said...

That is a really Great Card Ashley. I love the floral image and its possibilities from that set!!

Blog Design: Girly by Design