header.gif (12,818 bytes)

3.10.2009

Simple Things...Small Joys...


Yes...it's Tuesday already! My first full day into the new time change went better than expected. I did down a large travel mug of coffee, which is not my typical morning routine. So, I bet that helped! I'm going to drink some every day this week, just to make sure ;)! Did you have to spring forward? How did you make it through the day?

I made this card at the crop on Saturday. When I saw the SEI damask velvet paper, I had to have it. Then, I made two cards with it that night, so I picked up one more sheet before leaving to make sure I didn't run out!

What do you think about that pattern paper? I think 'chocolate' is my favorite color, but I like to spice it up with other vibrant colors. How about those buttons? Aren't they too cute? And then...the pom pom trim. It's such a new trendy in the paper art world, right?! Had to have that too. I bet you can guess the other color I bought it in...CHOCOLATE! :) I can't wait to use it!

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you all have an energized day!

Card Instructions
  1. Trim dark chocolate cardstock to an A2 size card.
  2. Trim spring moss cardstock to 3.375" x 4.75".
  3. Trim pattern paper to 2" x 3.375" and adhere to green cardstock.
  4. Trim raspberry fizz cardstock to .75" x 3.375", stamp polka dots, and adhere to green cardstock.
  5. Adhere pom pom trim and tie ribbon into a bow.
  6. Stamp sentiments and add buttons w/ rhinestones.
  7. Adhere green cardstock to card base using dimensionals.
:: My Goodies {simple things, small joys}::
Stamps: Papertrey Ink-polka dot basics + handwritten notes
Ink: Stampin' Up!-chocolate chip
Cardstocks: Papertrey Ink-dark chocolate + raspberry fizz + spring moss
Pattern Paper: SEI Windsor
Accessories: Creative Cafe-buttons; dimensionals; KaiserCraft-rhinestones; Bazzill-pom pom trim; Papertrey Ink-raspberry fizz ribbon

4 comments:

Angie Tieman said...

Another beauty! Love the color combo and the metal hardware with the bling in it!

Regan said...

oh my gorgeous Ashely- these just keep getting better and better!!

Fiorella said...

Wonderful patterned and nice pom pom trim...but the way you put together colours is gorgeous!

Savitri said...

Another cutie! Ok, so pom poms are in now? I've always just liked them for my scrapbook pages.

Blog Design: Girly by Design