header.gif (12,818 bytes)

10.08.2009

Thinking of You :: 2S4Y



WOOOO WEEEEH! It's almost the weekend!! I will be so excited when it finally arrives. Today, I am sharing a card inspired by a 2 Sketches for You layout. I'm not a big fan on how it turned out, but I finished it fairly quickly and that's probably why! See, what happened was, I was planning to post something else to realize I was a day early, so I had to make something...FAST! A sketch was definitely needed for this last minute card and this is how it turned out. I used a combination of lots of things here, so bare with me!

Thanks for visiting and have a great Friday Eve!

Instructions
  1. Trim raspberry fizz cardstock into an A2 card by trimming an 8.5" x 11" cardstock in half vertically.
  2. Stamp background design on patterned paper, trim to fit card front, and adhere.
  3. Tie ribbon into a bow.
  4. Punch circle, stamp sentiment, and adhere.
  5. Adhere white strip of cardstock to bottom of card front.
  6. Add chipboard decorative edge and rhinestones.
  7. Stamp polka dot trim on white cardstock, then adhere to card front with foam adhesive.
Supplies
  • Stamps :: Waltzingmouse Stamps - off beat backgrounds; The Stamps of Life - back2basics (September)
  • Ink :: Papertrey Ink - raspberry fizz
  • Paper :: Papertrey Ink - raspberry fizz + white + kraft
  • Embellishments :: 7 Gypsies - chip tag elements; KaiserCraft - rhinestones; Stampin' Up! - certainly celery ribbon

17 comments:

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

GORGEOUS Ashely!!!! It turned out BEAUTIFULLY!!!

xx Sarah

Cat said...

This is such a pretty card, you've done a great job on the challenge. I really like the chipboard decorative edge and rhinestones.:)

Giselle said...

This is so beautiful Ashley..!! the details on the scalloped border is super cute..!! Perfect..

suzARTe said...

absolutely gorgeous card, I love the colours you have used

Lynnette said...

Beautiful card. I love your take on this sketch.

Shauna K said...

aww, well i love it! that DP is totally cute and love the drops and dotted border on the bottom!!

Laura Davis said...

I think this card is fantastic! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y.
Laura

Catherine Couch Doucette said...

what's not to love??? It's wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that punch of lime green! I'm suddenly craving sherbert... LOL. Great card! Love that you play along w/2S4Y now! I have a sketch buddy! :-)

Heather P. said...

I love how this turned out! Soooo pretty and the colors are great!

anya said...

Love it Ashley! I love the scallops and the little bit of green. Love your background too - isn't that set so fun?!

whoistracy said...

Well I think this turned out to be one absolutely adorable card! I love that pink with the green. So fresh and fun.

J. said...

what an awesome card!

Charlene Austin said...

How come the cards that you are not as happy with I am falling off my chair in awe about?! LOL. It really is awesome!

Basement Stamper said...

Well, I'm a big fan of the card, I think the layout looks perfect and the colors are awesome!

Savitri said...

ooooh, who cares if you're a fan... I am and so that's all that matters :) Love the colors!!!! Very feminine and pretty!

Angie Tieman said...

So bright and fun!! Love it!

Blog Design: Girly by Design