Hey Bleeps*! Happy Monday to you! I hope your weekend was great. Today, I'm sharing my projects featured on Embellish Magazine's current challenge post. The challenge theme is parties and the colors are red, black, kraft and white. You can go check it out here. This challenge is sponsored by DeNami Design and you can win a great prize with some clear boxes and stamps!
Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you get some time to participate in the challenge!
P.S. - Embellish Magazine's premier issue will be released tomorrow! Check out Embellishes blog later for more details! I'm SO excited!
- Trim black cardstock to create an A2 card base.
- Die cut a scallop circle and dry emboss it.
- Trim scallop circle in half, then adhere one on the top and the other on the bottom of the card front.
- Trim a 1" strip of patterned paper.
- Add twine around patterned paper strips and adhere to card front.
- Die cut two squares from kraft and red cardstocks and mat together.
- On an inchie square, stamp chickie grad and color collar.
- Pop square off matted squares and add to card front.
- Stamp "you're invited" on white cardstock block and pop off card front bottom.
- Inside card, create invitation in word editing software, print, and adhere.
- Stamp chickie grad at the top and color collar.
- For the party favor, trim kraft cardstock strip.
- Stamp chickie grad and adhere chipboard letters and hand write "Class of."
- Adhere strip to assembled box and add ribbon trims.
- Fill with jelly beans!
- When creating invites, try to keep a simple design that you can assemble in steps. For instance, I could die cut all of the scallop circles one day and cut them in half for a step. This helps you save time and not get overwhelmed when working on large quantity projects.
- Need party favor ideas? Try your local candy store or supermarket. There, you may find JellyBelly jelly beans or even M&Ms in a variety of colors. Most events have a color scheme and you can make your favor match.
- Your party favor can also serve many purposes. Instead of "Class of 2010," I could have used the space to put an attendee's name to serve as a place card. Another option could be to include a greeting/note to serve as a "thank you" to your guests as well.
Stamps :: Chickee Graduate, Medium Chickee Graduate, You’re Invited
Ink :: SU! - black, black marker; Copic marker
Cardstock :: PTI - true black, pure poppy, white
Patterned Paper :: bitty dots
Embellishments :: PTI - twine, white ribbon; Inchie Arts - 1" matboard square; Basic Grey - chipboard letters
Tools :: Spellbinders - (S4-126) square nestabilities, (S4-124) scallop circle nestabilities, wizard; Provo Craft - swiss dots embossing folder
Computer :: Font (American Typewriter); Pages
*Bleeps = Blog Peeps :)