This card is for my sister. Happy Birthday, Nichole! She likes heat embossed cards, so I decided to use the Bloomin' Huge Flower to emboss the entire background. I used the watermark resist technique and added the distress ink to the background.
Here are a few pictures of Nichole and I last year (I think). This is when McArthur first started photography. We were one of his first portrait models! We laugh like this all of the time!
- Trim rustic cream cardstock to create a 5.5" square card.
- Stamp flowers in watermark in over card front, then add clear embossing powder and heat emboss.
- Using blending tool, add distress ink to cover card front.
- Add linen ribbon by ruffling it, then overlay yellow ribbon treatment. Add flower center.
- Stamp sentiment.
- Watermark Resist - this is not a new technique, but since I have not featured it here on my blog, I thought I'd mention just in case some of you have not tried it. After your watermark stamped image is heat set, add ink to the background and the stamped image will resist the ink and show through any ink you add!
Stamps :: DRS Stamps - bloomin' huge flower; Walztingmouse Stamps - say it with style (sentiment)
Ink :: Ranger - old photo, vintage photo; Versamark
Cardstock :: PTI - rustic cream
Embellishments :: Prima - flower center; May Arts - linen ribbon; MemrieMare - cabbage rose ribbon; American Crafts - clear embossing powder
Tools :: Ranger - blending tool, heat gun
- Use leftover scrap from 5.5" square card above - measures 3.5" x 5.5"
- Stamp flower on yellow cardstock and color with Copic Markers, then add distress ink.
- Cut out flower, add flower center, and pop off card front.
- Stamp sentiment and add distress ink.
Stamps :: DRS Stamps - bloomin' huge flower; Waltzingmouse Stamps - say it with style
Ink :: Versamark; Ranger - old photo; Copic markers - Y19, Y21
Cardstock :: PTI - rustic cream, lemon tart
Embellishments :: Prima - flower center
Tools :: Ranger - blending tool
- Trim brown cardstock to create an A2 card base.
- Trim white cardstock block and stamp background design in brown ink. Add distress ink.
- Add twill tape strip, then overlay ruffled ribbon.
- Stamp ribbon scalloped oval, die cut oval, then stamp sentiment and add rhinestones.
- Punch butterfly and adhere everything to card front.
Stamps :: DRS Stamps - vicki's versatile background, ribbon scallop 2.5" mega oval; JustRite - just a note
Ink :: SU! - chocolate chip; Ranger - old photo
Cardstock :: Gina K. - white; PTI - dark chocolate, kraft
Embellishments :: Melissa Phillips - twill tape; MemrieMare - cabbage rose ribbon; KaiserCraft - rhinestones
Tools :: Spellbinders - classic ovals large (S4-110), wizard
Thanks so much for stopping by! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!