Hey there! I decided to come back today to share another card for Waltzingmouse's Waltz. The challenge was to use shades of blue and green. I focused on softer hues of the color combination and highlighted the blue a little more than the green.
- Trim rustic cream cardstock to 4" x 5.25" and stamp polka dotted background.
- Add distress ink the the entire stamped background and edges.
- Stamp scalloped border image on white cardstock and cut out.
- Add twine treatment, then adhere to polka dot background stamped cardstock.
- Adhere green cardstock to the back of the chipboard frame.
- Add distress ink to the frame and green cardstock, then stamp sentiment.
- Pop chipboard frame off polka dotted background stamped cardstock.
- Add flower.
- Mat on green A2 card base.
- Stamping Off - To achieve a softer hue, stamp off on scrap paper, then onto your project. I used this technique for the polka dotted background as well as the scalloped border.
Stamps :: Waltzingmouse Stamps - say it with style, faux fun, off beat backgrounds
Ink :: PTI - aqua mist; Ranger - tea dye, antique linen; Tsukineko - versafine (vintage sepia)
Cardstock :: PTI - rustic cream, spring moss
Embellishments :: May Arts - twine; Prima - flower; Tattered Angels - chipboard frame
Thanks so much for waltzing by! Enjoy your weekend.