Hey Bleeps! Happy Friday! This week sparks a new Embellish Color Challenge! It's all about vintage, so get out your distress inks, doilies, crocheted trims, and other antique elements to participate. There's a great fall color palette to follow as well. I hope you take some time to participate! Our sponsor is Pixie Petals, an etsy shoppe with lots of fun vintage embellishments.
Here's how I made this card, which took about 6 hours to make!
- Trim cream cardstock strip and stamp lace background in yellow ink, then add distress ink and adhere to card front.
- Stamp text background on cream cardstock block in rust in, add distress ink, and adhere to card front.
- Trim another cream cardstock strip and stamp antique background in green ink, add distress ink, and adhere to card front.
- Add ribbon and stamp sentiment. *TIP* To make that ribbon full, I tied three bows using the long tails leftover!
- Die cut and emboss label, then adhere to card front.
- Stamp wreath on cream cardstock in rust ink, cut out, then die cut center circle. Add distress ink and rhinestones.
- Tie twine around wreath and add flower treatment. Adhere to card front center with foam adhesive.
- Add stitching to last border on card front.
Stamps :: DeNami Design - leafy vine wreath; Verve Stamps - harvest blessings; Hero Arts - lace background, old letter writing, antique flower background
Ink :: Ranger - antique linen, vintage photo; Close to My Heart - autumn terracotta, topiary; Clear Snap - ColorBox ochre
Cardstock :: Papertrey Ink - rustic cream, terracotta tile
Embellishments :: Pixie Petals - crocheted flower, ribbon; Kaisercraft - rhinestones; May Arts twine; Papertrey in - lemon tart button
Tools :: Spellbinders - S4-290 labels fourteen, S4-116 standard circles sm; G-001 grand calibur; Janome - sewing machine (sew mini)
Card Size :: 4.25" x 6.5" (yep, it's tall, but will fit great in a 5" x 7" envelope)
I hope you all have a fun, yet restful weekend! Enjoy and take care! Thanks so much for your visit!!