header.gif (12,818 bytes)

10.28.2010

Happy Birthday Lily


Alright, so this card is not for someone I know named Lily, but isn't that lily of the valley stamp so pretty! I'm not a big fan of coloring (meaning myself using that technique, I love seeing everyone else do it), so I just stamped it on a stamped pattern. I haven't used a light purple shade in a while, so I pulled that out and paired it with a complimentary darker purple hue. I know I wanted to use cream and black, then I got stuck. So, when I get stuck selecting color combinations, I usually pull the focal point of what I've completed so far up against various cardstock colors. I saw aqua mist (I think my favorite cardstock color) and knew it was best fit for me! It's an usual color palette, but I like that it's unique!


I used grosgrain ribbon a word trim to emphasize how I feel about this friend. She's unique and special and those definitions on the word trim really were a great fit. I also used crocheted trim. To finish it off, I distress the edges of the focal cardstock with my scissors because I couldn't find my paper distresser! Who needs that anyway, when you have a pair of scissors, right?!


I used a variety of stamp vendors to come up with this design. Unity Stamp Company has great background patterns. Their rubber stamps are etched very well and on one block, which makes it easy to ink up and drop right on your cardstock! JustRite Stampers have the best sentiments. I really like the fonts they choose and their new clear blocks make it super easy to stamp. I did not even use a positioner to stamp this sentiment (sorry, just a proud moment for myself)! Then, there is Papertrey Ink. Their stamps are high quality and include trend setting images.

I really like combining a lot of vendors together to create. How about you? Do you stick to one manufacturer or combine a few together? When I combine them, I feel a sense of accomplish, like I have gotten use out of my product collection and that makes me feel so happy that I've achieved the ultimate crafting challenge.

Anyway, here's some instructions and supplies! You all have a great Friday Eve! I still have a scratchy throat, but at least my eyes are not on fire anymore! :) Hey...I'm always trying to look on the bright side! Take care!

Instructions
  1. Stamp ledger and flower images on cream cardstock, then stamp sentiment.
  2. Cut around ledger, distress the edges, then add ribbon treatment.
  3. Adhere cardstock to an A2 card front, then adhere trims.
Supplies

Stamps :: JustRite - baroque nested frames and occasions; Papertrey Ink - year of flowers: lily of the valley; Unity Stamp Company - notes ledger
Ink :: Tsukinkeo - memento tuxedo black; Papertrey Ink - lavender moon, plum pudding
Cardstock :: Papertrey Ink - aqua mist, rustic cream
Embellishments :: Graphic 45 - trims; Papertrey Ink - lavender moon grosgrain ribbon

19 comments:

Sarah Martina said...

Now see, you' re gonna make me go out and buy that ledger stamp! This is too pretty! I love the way you stamped the flowers, you know I don't color either, so I really like the simple outlined image.:-)

Dasha said...

so pretty!!!!

A Soldier Girl said...

I want that stamp. YEP sure do. LOVE this

Alyssa B said...

I LOVE this! I dont have a distressor, I always use the blade of a pair of scissors, lol. That ledger stamp is really very pretty, might have to get that one for myself!

Alyssa B said...

I LOVE this! I dont have a distressor, I always use the blade of a pair of scissors, lol. That ledger stamp is really very pretty, might have to get that one for myself!

Julie Campbell said...

Gorgeous card! I think I've looked at it 5 times this morning. LOL! The purples are so fresh and pretty. I love the mix with the light aqua too. I have that ledger stamp and need to pull it out! I'd forgotten how awesome it was! And yes... I completely get what you mean about mixing companies' supplies. It always makes me feel like more of a designer. :)

Cristina said...

Beautiful! I love that color combination, and the text strip makes me smile.

I've been trying to branch out more lately and use products from different companies. It's fun getting to know each company's personality, too, and what each of their strengths are.

Hope you're feeling back to 100% soon!

Jaime Benavides said...

Oh Ashley, this card is just lovely... I love the color combination. Just divine!

Helen F. said...

BEAUTIFUL card, Ashley! I just love the Lily of the Valley stamp and your color combination is gorgeous ~ such a romantic card.

Mona Pendleton said...

Pretty card Ashley! Love that pretty stamp! So feminine :)

Meda said...

I often hear myself saying I don't like coloring. I am glad there is someone else too.
Loooove this card!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

always so beautiful and inspiring Ashley!

thanks for sharing your gorgeous creations!!

hugs!
meredith

Maureen Morton said...

This is so lovely - the layout, the colors, the softness! I love visiting you. I especially love your edge distressing - when I do it it looks like I did a poor job of cutting the paper.

Jane said...

So BEAUTIFUL! LOVE it!

Pat said...

Love this card! I enjoyed the way you distressed it, and the colors are divine!

Thanks for sharing, & take care.
Hugs, Pat

Tiffany Ervin said...

Absolutely delightful, I LOVE this!! Such pretty colors!

Tiffany Heilman said...

Beautiful color combo. Absolutely fabulous!

Ksu said...

очень красивая и нежная открытка!!

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning Ashley!!!! Love every single detail!

Blog Design: Girly by Design