header.gif (12,818 bytes)

6.16.2008

Scrapdoodles: A Review

Scrapdoodles, Fredericksburg, VA

I've been to Scrapdoodles a couple of times and forgot to write a review! On Friday, I stopped by Scrapdoodles with a review posting in mind. This time, when I entered the store, I was not greeted by anyone; however, I did notice other customers were greeted when they entered. So, perhaps the sales persons were a little busy when I walked in. I am not the type of customer who needs to be greeted at the door, so this does not bother me.

The store is organized somewhat well. They have certain themes, such as baby, wedding, etc. in certain 'departments.' But, some areas overlapped. For instance, I was interested in getting a lot of chipboard letters. Well, they had a few colors in one department, then more colors I found elsewhere. If I had not gone through the store with a fine-tooth comb, then I could have missed it (also if I did not ask for additional colors). The sales persons were friendly and asked if I needed any assistance.

Their selection of scrap-products is amazing. They have almost everything that you could think of. If you are interested in chipboard books or alterable projects, they have an outstanding collection. They also carry the new Bazzill Basics shortcut strips! Their collection of chipboard letters and thickers was also extensive. Scrapdoodles has a great selection of pattern paper and cardstock.

They offer a workshop area in the rear of the store with crops on the weekends. They also offer classes for those interested. Scrapdoodles is a great place to stop when you are on the I-95 corridor between DC and Richmond! They are sure to have the leading and newest products. I picked up a few new stamp sets that I did not know were out yet. The sales person gave me a bit of background on them. When I use them (hopefully one set tonight), I will let you know the information!

I highly recommend Scrapdoodles as stop while you are in the DC area or traveling on I-95 to or from DC. You will not be disappointed! There are also lots of shops nearby to make your trip worthwhile, such as Target and Borders. A Go-Kart track is next door to keep others entertained!

No comments:

Blog Design: Girly by Design