header.gif (12,818 bytes)

7.27.2008

Angela's Happy Stamper: A Review

I finally had a chance to visit Angela's Happy Stamper today. This place has been on my list for nearly a year, but I was finally forced to go there this weekend to find some princess themed stamps for a client. I am working on princess themed invitations for a birthday party! Since I have been out of town, I did not get a chance to do my typical online search and ordering for what I needed. So, I thought this was a perfect time to visit Angela's Happy Stamper (Angela's) because they must have something!

Location
Angela's is located in Reston, VA near Reston Town Center. It is located in an industrial park similar to Scrapbooks Plus. At first glance, it looks small, but after you enter, it is full of stamps and everything else too!

Products
Angela's carried an extremely wide range of rubber stamps. They also carry clear stamps by A Must, My Favorite Things, and Technique Tuesday, just to name a few. A great customer service they offer is "custom orders!" So, if you have seen a stamp or a stamp set that you would like, they can probably order it for you. I was able to order a stamp set and some ribbon!

They carried a wide selection of cardstock and pattern paper. They also carried alterable items, such as be Creative Imaginations, KaiserCraft, and canvas' for books. Angela's carries a lot of items, which I was surprised because I went only thinking of stamps. There is no competition really to any other stores because they specialize in stamps. But, while you are there, you can pick up any other items you may need.

Classes
While I was there, a class was in the back stamping away! It was a small group, but who doesn't like one-on-one attention? They have what I consider speciality classes, such as Jewish card class. You can see their classes here and even register and pay online! I noticed all of the inspirational cards/items in the store and they were very well prepared.

Upcoming Event
They are having their 5th Anniversary Open House Celebration on Saturdy, August 2 10am - 5pm. They will have refreshments and door prizes every 20 minutes. You even get a prize for just stopping by! They are offering 2 sessions (morning 10:30 - 12:30; afternoon 2 - 4) where you can complete 4 make-n-take projects for only $18 each! At this event, they will be debuting a few new stamp companies they are now going to be carrying. You can also bring in your wrapped new or gently used stamp to exchange from 12:30 - 4 for a "Fun Stamp Swap." Sounds like some fun! If you live in the DC area, try to make it for a fun day!

Angela's Happy Stamper is a very unique paper art shop because they specialize in stamps - a never before seen in my books! However, they have just enough of other paper art supplies to keep most shoppers happy...well, I was! Paula helped me while I was there and was extremely helpful and nice. Oh yeah, I even picked up a free stamp for placing a special order!

No comments:

Blog Design: Girly by Design