header.gif (12,818 bytes)

7.18.2008

:: Color Challenge16 ::

Kristina Werner's Color Challenge this week features calming colors. I created a 60th birthday card by using this color challenge. I'm not sure that a 60 year old would typically select these color choices, but I sure think they brighten up anyone's day!













To create this card, I trimmed my card base at 1.25 x 11 and scored it at 5.5". The bird is stamped on the same blue cardstock in VersaMark watermark ink and heat embossed. I cut the bird out and set aside. I trimmed summer sunrise and spring moss cardstocks smaller than the card base and adhered the two together. I tore one edge of the spring moss cardstock. Next, I stamped the sentiments on vanilla cardstock with green ink. I cut out 'birthday' and popped off the spring moss cardstock. I left 'happy' together and popped off the summer sunrise cardstock. I used thickers for the birthday age and adhered on the spring moss cardstock. I added hemp twine around it and tied into a knot. I popped the bird off of the center cardstocks and added black stickle for the eye. I popped this entire portion of the card off of vanilla cardstock, which is adhered to the blue card base. To add more (as if it needed it), I placed a blue photo corner between the vanilla and summer sunrise cardstocks.






:: My Goodies ::

Stamp: MM magnetic stamp alphabet; Always
Ink: Garden Green; VersaMark
Paper: PTI - summer sunrise, spring moss; vanilla; blue
Accessories: thickers, hemp twine, stickle
Technique: Stamped

No comments:

Blog Design: Girly by Design