header.gif (12,818 bytes)

9.15.2008

Landscaper's Challenge

I hope everyone had a great weekend. My weekend was full, but fabulous! I created a card last night, but thought I'd share one that was a little unique that I made last week. I hope you like it!

To create this card, I took the brown cardstock, cut to size (half of a 8.5 x 11 sheet), then scored in half (at 5.5). Next, I trimmed a piece of the green cardstock to fit the width of the paper (4.25). I used my precision scissors to snip the edges to create 'grass.' I stamped the trees on kraft cardstock, then cut the images out. For the sentiment, I opened Microsoft Word, typed what the customer requested, selected the font (Ram Rod) and color (brown), then printed it on a scrap piece of kraft cardstock. I adhered the trees to the card; one behind the grass and the other popping off in front of the grass. I placed the sentiment at the bottom center and added two brown buttons to the sides. Twine is used as thread for the 'sewn' on look.


:: My Goodies ::
Stamps: PTI - Father Knows Best (trees)
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip; CTMH - Topiary
Paper: Cardstocks: PTI- kraft; SU! Chocolate Chip; CTMH - Topiary
Accessories: buttons; twine
Technique: Stamped
Card Size: 4-1/4 x 5-1/2

2 comments:

Karla said...

Ashley!!!!

this is as usual very cute with super amazing clean cuts!!!!! Where was this challenge from?

Catherine said...

i love this one...i'll see if i can create a grass like yours ;)

Blog Design: Girly by Design