header.gif (12,818 bytes)

10.30.2008

Late Birthdays


I don't know about you all, but a lot of times I am late sending out cards. That is probably common, but some will think, well you make them, so you should have them, right? WRONG! I do have some cards on hand, but I have a habit of wanting to make a card for every occasion, instead of selecting one out of my card stash. So, if I have other things to do, I may not get a chance to create a card, making me LATE. This post features a couple of 'late' birthday cards.

Steps to create:
  1. Make card base by cutting cardstock to 4.25" x 11", then score at 5.5"
  2. On vanilla cardstock, stamp image in desert sand, then immediately on summer sunrise ink (this is probably not recommended because it could destroy your lighter ink, but I still did it)
  3. On summer sunrise cardstock, stamp center image in brown ink, then cut out
  4. On vanilla cardstock stamp sentiment in desert sand ink
  5. Distress the vanilla cardstock edges, then ink the edges with Ranger Antique Linen
  6. Stamp design on bottom portion of card base in brown ink (use stamp-a-ma-jig to align)
  7. Tie twine around card base into a knot
  8. Adhere image vanilla cardstock off of card base using dimensioinals, then pop off the center 'bow' stamped image
  9. Adhere sentiment popped off center image and card base
  10. Finish the inside (mine was stamped with "a little late"

:: My Goodies ::

Stamps: PTI-First Fruits; Birthday Basics
Ink: Summer Sunrise Desert Sand; Brown; Linen
Cardstock: Vanilla; Olive; Summer Sunrise
Accessories: Twine; Dimensionals; Distresser
Technique: Stamped
Card Size: 4.25 x 5.5




Steps to create this card:
  1. Make card base by cutting cardstock to 4.25" x 11", then score at 5.5"
  2. Stamp image on vanilla cardstock with brown and summer sunrise inks (using all ink until gone off of stamp)
  3. Trim vanilla cardstock and matte on olive cardstock
  4. Trim patter paper, then ink around edges
  5. Adhere pattern paper to card base, then adhere others (with mattes)
  6. Adhere ribbon around one layer
  7. Add last layer popped off card base
  8. Stamp sentiment on summer sunrise cardstock, then pop off of card base
  9. Add hardware
:: My Goodies ::
Stamps: SU! Always; On Your Birthday
Ink: Brown; Summer Sunrise; Chestnut Roan
Cardstock: Brown; Summer Sunrise; Olive
Pattern Paper: Basic Grey
Accessories: Summer Sunrise ribbon; Dimensionals; Hodgepodge Hardware
Technique: Stamped
Card Size: 4.25 x 5.5

2 comments:

Catherine said...

oh i hear that a lot also but as long as they got a card from me, it should be okay..right?!

Both cards are just gorgeous.

Charlene Austin said...

Awww....these are so nice! I haven't even inked up my First Fruits set yet. There are way too many sets that have not seen ink...Yikes. I am the worst card sender. But I tell my husband I am a card maker, not a card sender. LOL!

Blog Design: Girly by Design