header.gif (12,818 bytes)

10.14.2008

Thank You :: FTL 15


Clean & Simple Stamping is featuring a new sketch on their blog, so I decided to use it for today's card. It is a very simple design. I used a larger card base than I have been using for some time now. My focal image cardstock was too large and I did not want to size it down, so I just improvised and placed it on a larger card base. I stamped the flowers (first, starting with the detailed stamp, then with the background). I mounted on brown, then summer sunrise cardstocks. I tied brown grosgrain ribbon in a knot around the card base, then added a button.

Instructions
  1. Make card base by trimming cardstock to 10" x 7", then score at 5"
  2. Trim orange, brown, and white cardstocks into rectangles to matte on each other.
  3. On the white cardstock, stamp the flowers and sentiment.
  4. Adhere cardstocks together.
  5. Tie brown ribbon around card base.
  6. Sew button on ribbon knot.
  7. Adhere cardstock over top of ribbon.
:: My Goodies ::
Stamps: PTI-Remember (sentiments)
Ink: Brown; Summer Sunrise
Paper: Cardstocks: White, Brown, Summer Sunrise
Accessories: brown grosgrain ribbon, button, brown waxy flax
Technique: Stamped
Card Size: 5 x 7

2 comments:

Catherine said...

I saw this sketch last night and that's what i'll be doing tonight =)

Your card is so beautiful, love the colors that you choose :)

Natasha said...

Wow! Absolutely stunning! Love the clustering of the flowers and the button with the ribbon!

Blog Design: Girly by Design