header.gif (12,818 bytes)

10.16.2008

Tree Posies


Guess what? My 'old-new' sewing machine works! I am encountering one problem: if I sew where I have added adhesive, it messes up the needle. So, I'm going to have to go by Joann's to have a chat with them and pick out some more sturdy needles. If anyone out there has a better solution, please let me know (such as, don't use adhesive on the parts you plan to stitch - which is hard to determine sometimes).

Anyway, today's card is using the new tree stamp featured in SU! Holiday Mini Catalog. Let me know if you 'have to have it!' I stitched around the border of the brown cardstock. I made paper posies for the tree buds instead of using the other stamps in the set. I inked around almost everything.

I'll be back tomorrow with some Fast Friday Cards. I'll have to sketch out something today and think of stamp set and colors I may want to use. Have a great day! Don't forget to read my good news post below!

:: My Goodies ::
Stamps: SU! Season of Friendship (tree); On Your Birthday (sentiment)
Ink: Brown + Chalk
Paper: Cardstocks: PTI-Summer Sunrise, White, Brown
Pattern Paper: SU! Autumn Vine Designer Series, We R Memory Keepers
Accessories: brads, summer sunrise grosgrain ribbon, curly punch, white thread
Technique: Stamped, Stitched
Card Size: 4.25 x 5.5

8 comments:

The Paper Chic said...

I love this card! I think this one is my all time fav. from you. I think I might have to bring out my old sewing machine.

Kristie W. said...

Very cool card! I love it!
No clue on the sewing issues tho, I've only had disasters with sewing machines LOL

Marie said...

Great card!! I love what you did with the DSP posies!

Catherine said...

very pretty, Ashley. I have a Jenome sewing machine but don't know how to use it...LOL! gorgeous, gorgeous card :)

Unknown said...

You have such beautiful ideas.

Have you tried rubbing the needle with either soap (like Ivory bar) or paraffin/beeswax? I'm not sure how the wax might affect the paper though. It should make the needle slick enough that the adhesive won't stick.

Michele Kovack said...

This card is awesome! I too have had the same trouble with my sewing machine.....if you find out anything, I'd like to know too!

Angie Tieman said...

This card is beyond fabulous!! The paper posies are incredible, and even one on the ribbon! How clever and cute!

Alli Miles said...

Wowza girl! This card is fantastic.

Blog Design: Girly by Design