header.gif (12,818 bytes)

3.21.2009

Birthday Paper Poppies


Hey everyone! We went for an early morning bike ride and well, let's say I'm out of shape! I didn't stop, except for water, so I did pretty good. Afterwards, I got dizzy, so that showed my poor condition. I feel better already!

Before we left, I started on this card. After we got back, I added the sentiment and photographed it to post. I wasn't sure if I wanted to add anything else, so I let it sit for a while and came back to it. I needed a birthday card, so I thought this would be perfect. The colors were inspired by K. Werner's Color Challenge.

Oh, by the way, this was my SECOND try at this challenge. Was it hard for you? I think I'm going to trash the first card! LOL

Well, I'm about to get ready to 'direct' my first photo session with Mac!!! I have been researching a lot of ideas and I hope it goes well! We're photographing a new family. Last year, Mac photographed them getting ready for their wedding. I'll share the photographs with you once he gets them posted.

Have a great weekend!

Card Instructions
  1. Trim cardstock to an A2 size card.
  2. Cut circles from various cardstocks.
  3. Stamp designs on circles and crumple.
  4. Fold ribbon onto card front.
  5. Adhere poppies and button.
  6. Add faux stitching.
  7. Stamp sentiment.
  8. Tie ribbon into a bow and adhere.
:: My Goodies {Happy Birthday Poppies}::
Stamps: Papertrey Ink-Handwritten Notes + Background Basics-Retro
Ink: CTMH-Black
Cardstocks: SU!-Red Riding Hood + Regal Rose + Pretty in Pink + Bashful Blue
Accessories: PTI-Spring Moss ribbon, Making Memories-buttons; Scor-Bug (available early April); black marker

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous card! I love those flowers.

Ann said...

Those flowers are too cute!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Love your ribbon and flower. Tons of fun!!! Great job with the color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Angie Tieman said...

This card is wonderful!! Love those flowers!

Savitri said...

Very cute!!! LOVE the flowers!

Anonymous said...

Well, isn't this the cutest thing ever!

Winter said...

So sweet! Love the flowers! Great job!

Sankari W. said...

Beautiful and Bold!!! LOVE all the textures - this card has Sassy written all over it!!! Beautiful!!!

Deanna said...

Gorgeous! Love love love your little handmade flowers! :)

~kelly marie~ said...

I love this card and those flowers!! Wow!!

Also, thank for your comments and photo tips!! I am going to be on the look out for a bright light I can "borrow" from another room for better pics!!!

Blog Design: Girly by Design