header.gif (12,818 bytes)

8.25.2009

Burlap Birthday Wishes



Hey Everyone! Todays cards are inspired by Papertrey Ink's Blog Hop. Although this card is not for the Blog Hop, I still wanted to use burlap and stitching. I needed a masculine card and thought the burlap would be a great fit along with Men of Life stamp set. I love pairing chocolate + pure poppy + kraft (burlap) + spring rain + cream for the Men of Life set.

Later this afternoon, we're headed to the White House for a tour. I have visited the White House as a child and have vague memories of the red and blue rooms, so it will be fun to see if anything has changed (seriously doubt it) and how I will perceive it as an adult. I'm looking forward to a fun day in DC! There will be limited photos because no cameras are allowed. I'll see what I can do with my iPhone, so look for some TWEETS!

Don't forget to check back at 5:00 pm EST for my Papertrey Ink Blog Hop posting. I am going to try to remember to add the link from my iPhone because I'm sure I'll still be out and about at that hour. The card will have MORE BURLAP and STITCHING!! I had so much fun making these two cards!

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day!

Card Instructions
  1. Trim spring rain cardstock to an A2 card.
  2. Trim burlap and stitch to card front.
  3. Stamp sailboat, cut out, then adhere to burlap with foam adhesive.
  4. Trim red cardstock, stamp background and sentiment, then add spring rain strip.
  5. Adhere strip to card front and add buttons.
:: My Goodies {burlap birthday wishes} ::
Stamps: Papertrey Ink - men of life + everyday button bits
Ink: Papertrey Ink - pure poppy; Stampin' Up! - chocolate chip; ColorBox - chestnut
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - spring rain + pure poppy + cream
Accessories: Papertrey Ink - buttons; Craft Supply - thread + burlap; Janome Sew Mini
Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

19 comments:

Kate Lewis said...

This is fabulous Ashley - the burlap works amazingly, I must try this! Enjoy the White House, I'd love to do that tour someday! Kate x

Unknown said...

really creative work...
It looks awesome...
--
Michell
Wireless Home Alarm Security Systems

itsallrosi said...

this little sailboat is so sweet and really looks great paired with the burlap. looking forward the the bloghop later!

Cat said...

This card is great Ashley. I love the colour combination and how you used burlap, I think we call it hessian. Very effective.:)

Traveling Mama said...

I love the burlap! What a fun touch!

Basement Stamper said...

This card is too cute and I love those colors together.

Antoinette Seminario-Skinner said...

What a great combination!! LOVE this card!!

Heather P. said...

Totally fabulous... As always! :)

Amy said...

The texture that the burlap adds to this card is awesome! Great color combo!

Maile Belles said...

Fabulous card!!! Love the burlap and color combo, perfect for a masculine card!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love this color combo! Super fun!

Create Fabulous said...

alright, you've done it, i have to go and get burlap now. this looks awesome

Deanna said...

This is beautiful Ashley!

Beate said...

Wonderful masculine card. So tell me girl? Why are you having burlap at home? LOVE the cards you made with it.
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

I love this one Ash, that idea is great for a manly card! I must try it, thanks!

suzARTe said...

these cards are really lovely, the hessian looks amazing, give it a really homely, welcoming feel

Savitri said...

love the two burlap cards. awesome inspiration, girl!!!

Dondrea said...

Very cute idea!

~kelly marie~ said...

The burlap is gorgeous! What a wonderful guy card!

Blog Design: Girly by Design