header.gif (12,818 bytes)

8.05.2009

Chair-ish Friendships



Hi there! It's already Hump Day! I'm so happy about that. I'm looking forward to the weekend to relax and stamp! Here is a fairly quick card that showcases PTI's couch set. I thought I would make a red 'leather' chair by heat embossing it. Although you cannot see it in the photo, in real life, it creates the leather-look.

I am also ready to share photos from the wedding we photographed last month. There is a slideshow with music as well. I hope you enjoy. I'll probably do a separate post showcasing a few of the favorite pictures that I, surprisingly, photographed. If you like what you see, feel free to leave McArthur a comment on his blog! :) He'll love that, but just don't tell him I sent you! Click HERE to view slideshow + photos.


Card Instructions
  1. Trim dark chocolate cardstock to an A2 card.
  2. Trim patterned paper and mat on white cardstock.
  3. Stamp chair, heat emboss with red embossing powder.
  4. Cut out chair and set aside.
  5. Stamp legs, table, coffee mug, and picture.
  6. Add chair using foam adhesive.
  7. Color in picture frame using markers.
  8. Trim pure poppy strip and stamp sentiment.
  9. Add button and adhere everything to card front.
:: My Goodies {i chair-ish your friendship} ::
Stamps: Papertrey Ink - on my couch
Ink: Versamark; Stampin' Up! - chocolate chip; Papertrey Ink - pure poppy
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - white + dark chocolate + pure poppy
Patterned Paper: Papertrey Ink - bitty box
Accessories: Papertrey Ink - button + twine; red embossing powder, heat gun
Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

9 comments:

Maile Belles said...

Love this, very simple yet bold colors!!! I love how you stamped on the Bitty Box PP and the setiment strip & button is fabulous! Great idea to emboss a leather couch!

Heather P. said...

This is fantastic! Love the little scene you created, and the way you added your sentiment. So fun!

naomi chokr said...

Love how this looks. Now i have to have the couch set. I like how you embossed the chair....good thinking. So wait hold...Mac has a blog???? Or just a flikr thing. I gotta get into the flikr thing too. Cough up the site address I will be a follower and fan!! BTW email me and send me your address so I can send cards when I make them Hahah!! I need my card making mojo back

Geny said...

Love it, so pretty and well put together! That chair looks so inviting!

itsallrosi said...

what a sweet little scene, and what a good idea to emboss the chair!

Nicole said...

Hey, luv that little couch it came out great and I'm sure it looks even more amazing in person. After the wedding I do plan on buying a heating gun and some embossing power. What brand of embossing power do you use?
P.S. - I checked out MAC's blog. OMG Ashley the pictures are tooo beautiful. The slideshow blew me away. Of course I have some favorites, but I'll wait to u do your post to talk about it.

~kelly marie~ said...

What a cutie card! I just love the colors you used and how the sentiment strip goes all the way to the left. Gorgeous!

Deanna said...

Beautiful Ashley!

Anonymous said...

Wholy crap girl...I was on my way to comment on another card and saw this....WOW!

Blog Design: Girly by Design