header.gif (12,818 bytes)

11.26.2009

Happy Thanksgiving


Hey there, Bleeps! Happy Thanksgiving! I'm still awake cooking or I should say waiting on some things in the oven so I can lay down for a bit. So far the turkey, greens, peach cobbler, and cranberry mold are prepared for tomorrow. Whew!

Today, I'm sharing a card I created for Embellish Magazine's Brad Color Challenge. I used some of my new PTI stamps and they're so great! Just thought I'd pop in and share this card on my blog even though it's on Embellishes blog.

If I am not back later today with my "Thanksgiving" post, I'll be back on Friday with it to share photos of the food and of course the table setting! I'm so excited and can't wait to taste that cobbler...it's my FIRST. I've never even made dough from scratch before so I am extremely nervous! Good thing the stores are open tomorrow for a bit for a last minute addition! But, let's hope for the best! So, if you want to hear how it all turned out, make sure you check back for the recap!

Thanks for stopping by for a bit of entertainment on this Thanksgiving! I hope you eat well and enjoy this special day! Hope to 'see' you later or tomorrow!

Instructions
  1. Trim blue cardstock to create card base.
  2. Trim white block, stamp background and adhere to card front.
  3. Trim red strip and adhere to card front.
  4. Trim green strip and adhere to card front.
  5. Punch flower, stamp background.
  6. Wrap ribbon and funnel through button and flower.
  7. Stamp sentiment on green strip.
  8. Add brads.

Supplies

Stamps :: Papertrey Ink - background basics diamonds, communique sentiments
Ink :: Papertrey Ink - pure poppy, enchanted evening
Paper :: Papertrey Ink - pure poppy, enchanted evening, new leaf white; Cut Card Stock.com - yellow
Embellishments :: CTMH - brads; Marvy Uchida - flower punch; Papertrey Ink - button, ribbon

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Ashley!! I'm sure everything will turn out great ;)
**Hugs**

cnelson said...

lovely card! Happy Thanksgiving!

Heather P. said...

Can't wait to see your pics, I'm sure the set-up will be gorgeous! :) I love making cobbler, don't fret, the topping turns out perfect every time!!! :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

JustYolie said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Stamping Cafe said...

Awesome color combo and gorgeous card, Ashley!

Thank you for your wonderful comment on my blog! Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Ashley Newell said...

This is beautiful Ashley!

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous, Ashley!! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving holiday!! Hugs!!

Tenia:)

Blog Design: Girly by Design