header.gif (12,818 bytes)

2.24.2010

Happy Birthday


Hey there, Bleeps! Happy Hump Day! Today, I'm sharing a colorful birthday card that will hopefully give someone a smile and sunshine. Are you read for today's vacation hint?

Vacation Hint #3: The vacation spot is where a martial art originated that McArthur studied and also a place where I can indulge my ultimate favorite food.

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving your guesses and comments! See you tomorrow!

Instructions
  1. Make an A2 card base.
  2. Trim kraft cardstock block, stamp background pattern, and color in dots.
  3. Adhere kraft cardstock to card front.
  4. Trim kraft, turquoise, and pink cardstock strips.
  5. Scallop edge punch the bottoms and adhere to card front.
  6. Add ribbon treatment.
  7. Stamp sentiment and adhere strip to card front center.
Supplies

Stamps :: PTI - background basics (retro) + communique curves (sentiment)
Ink :: SU! - white, pacific point; Copic markers
Paper :: PTI - white, kraft; CutCardstock.com - turquoise; Bazzill - pink
Embellishment :: PTI - ribbon
Tools :: SU! - scallop edge punch

14 comments:

Jen said...

oh, i love this card!! yep, makes me happy!!:)

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty Ashley! I love the stamped background, and how you've colored in the centers!!

♥♥♥Lea

Unknown said...

Ash, I hate to repeat myself but I love your clean, classy style. I'm not wild about that background stamp but your color choices and coloring the centers make it a knockout. I just luv surfing over to your blog. Could u be in Jamaica, mon?

Anonymous said...

Such fun colors! Love this! Gonna miss you! ;) The food hint is a dead giveaway...lol!

~kelly marie~ said...

Loving this card! So cute!! The food is a total giveaway :). hehe!

Courtney Baker said...

Oh I love how you did the background. Way cute!

Jessica said...

What a great *birthday card* Ashely!! TFS

Sophie said...

Hi Ashley,
Love this bright card, would make anyone very happy. My guess is Brazil. Did some digging around with that last hint :)
Sophie

Laurel Beard said...

Love your card. and I love how you colored the background. Adds a total new look to the stamp!

Geny said...

Fabulous, pretty card, love that background!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Really dynamic colors on this, love it!

Staci said...

Cali!!!

Cute simple card by the way!

Savitri said...

Is it Thailand? Cute card... but is it Thailand?

Shaz said...

Great card I love it!

Blog Design: Girly by Design