header.gif (12,818 bytes)

3.21.2010

Enjoy the moment




Hey Bleeps! Just posting today to share a shabby card with you inspired by The Shabby Tea Room! I had fun making this card yesterday morning. I am really liking twill tape as my ribbon of choice. I'm heading back from Raleigh today and I hope to stop by Archivers and my not so LSS to pick up a few items.

I hope you are enjoying your weekend! Thanks for your visit.

Instructions
(1) Make an A2 card from kraft cardstock.
(2) Trim green cardstock strip and adhere to card front, then ink around the edges.
(3) Trim white cardstock block, stamp background and ink.
(4) Add yellow cardstock strip and ruffle scrunchy trim.
(5) Add ribbon treatment and ink.
(6) Ink scalloped circle chipboard tile and stamp.
(7) Pop circle off block an add leaves.
(8) Adhere block to card front with foam adhesive.

Supplies

Stamps :: PTI - background basics, mixed messages
Ink :: PTI - pure poppy; Ranger - antique linen, vintage photo
Paper :: PTI - spring moss, kraft, white, lemon tart
Embellishments :: Technique Tuesday - twill tape, scalloped circle chipboard tile; Bazzill - trim

21 comments:

Debbie said...

Love your design! All that shabby goodness is so lovely ... I really {heart} that yummy twill tape and the crumpled leaves are wonderful! Thanks so much for joining us this week at THE SHABBY TEA ROOM. I can't wait to see what you'll come up with next week for our brand new challenge :)

Danisha said...

LOVE THIS CARD!!!!! Love the color of the ink on the Kraft CS, so pretty and frilly!

Angie Tieman said...

Wowza! This is gorgeous!! Love the scrunchy ribbon and doubled up twill tape! The whole look with the red and cream is beautiful!

Smita said...

I loved this card and all its textures... the trim, the colors are all so gorgeous!

Hugs,
Smita

Maureen said...

this is stunning, Ashley...love the inspiration photo and love the card even more :) Fabulous elements and amazing ribbon treatment :)

JulieHRR said...

.............THUD!!!

JenMarie said...

Beautiful, love this!!

Karen B. said...

Go Wolfpack! I love Raleigh, spent the greatest four years of my life their! NCState Alum here, can you tell? Love that your colors are so NC State too, but I know you didn't plan that. Really cute and textured card.

Kim Faucher said...

Gorgeous!!!! Love that gathered lace.. I have some in green but LOVE the red.. so cute!

Michelle said...

Ohhh this is HOT. I have that red and white ribbon too - got it at Archiver's ;) The twill tape...the distressing with inks and roughing up the edges - so shabby...really like this one!

jana said...

So pretty! These colors are gorgeous!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

I was so inspired by this card that I tried to imitate it! I linked back to you - and while my card is not as lovely as yours, it's ok.

You have so much talent and I like trying to do the lovely things that you create. This one just hit a certain note with me. Thanks!

Hugs!

Jen said...

oh, i love it!! so pretty!! love the ribbon..yum!!!

Maureen Merritt said...

This is gorgeous! I love the shabby chic look! That twill tape and trim, yum-my!!!

carole said...

I love this card so much....

Very beautifull

Laurie Schmidlin said...

Ashley, this is COMPLETELY GORGEOUS!!! Wow!!!

The Paper Chic said...

Love these colors! Great job!

Audrey Pettit said...

Hi Ashley! I'm sorry I didn't get over here sooner to tell you how gorgeous your card was for the Shabby Tea Room challenge. This is really, really gorgeous, girl!
And I'm so bummed you were in Raleigh and going to Archiver's. I know you designed with Kathy at 2S4U, and Raleigh is our town! How fun it would have been to meet you there!

Steph Zerbe said...

Gorgeous! Love the stamped bkdg and all the texture. Stunning!

~kelly marie~ said...

Gorgeous! I love that red!

Adrienne said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! Absolutely amazing card! Love the cream and red and kraft! Inspiring!

Blog Design: Girly by Design