header.gif (12,818 bytes)

10.08.2010

Embellish Color Challenge :: Felt

Hey Everyone! Happy Friday to you! It's time for another Embellish Color Challenge. This time, we are focusing on a unique color combination and felt. Did you know our sponsor, My Favorite Things, sells a wide variety of felt? It's great and I so love working with it. I've made a card and a scrap layout using it.


Instructions
  1. Trim felt to about 4" x 5" and stitch a border, then adhere to A2 card front.
  2. Stamp image 4 times - on white, red, yellow, and patterned paper cardstocks, then cut out and paper piece.
  3. Adhere to card front.
  4. Stamp umbrella and sentiment, then adhere to card front.
Supplies

Stamps :: My Favorite Things - rainy day friends
Ink :: Stampin' Up! - chocolate chip; Copic - markers
Cardstock :: Papertrey Ink - pure poppy, lemon tart; Close to My Heart - white
Patterned Paper :: My Mind's Eye - quite contrary collection
Embellishments :: My Favorite Things - felt, crystals


Here is a layout I designed. It's McArthur and expresses my deep love for him. I'm so blessed to have him in my life. So, here it is - love him rain or shine!

I used the Rainy Day stamp set for the journaling. I stamped it on white cardstock, added distress ink and trimmed it into strips. I added the journaling to a vintage tag.

Using some deep red felt, I die cut a couple of stars and added buttons to finish it off. It's a very quick and easy scrap layout that anyone can do! The base is My Mind's Eye patterned paper cut to an 8.5" x 11" size. Here are some detailed photographs.




Have a great weekend! Thanks so much for visiting and I hope you get time to participate in this super fun challenge!

7 comments:

Joy said...

Super sweet creations, love that you have used the felt.

Melissa said...

How fun! Love the felt and the rain theme of this post! :)

A Soldier Girl said...

talking about you and your layouts girl you NAILED it I love the white space and everything .. your card though is just TOO cute .. love it.

Geny said...

Love how you used felt as a background instead of an accent! Super pretty card! Looks like a fun challenge, will be making time for it for sure! Cool layout too!

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love the felt!!! These are great girl!

Alice said...

your red felt card is so cute and the layout is neat, too.

Zima said...

I love your card and layout with felt!

I have followed your blog for quite a time but I have never left you a comment before. But now I do! Just to let you know how much i love your designs! Your cards feel luxuary and cute at the same time :) Thank you for the inspiration!

Blog Design: Girly by Design