header.gif (12,818 bytes)

4.07.2008

Fun & Easy Cards

I didn't get a chance to create any cards yesterday. But, I did squeeze in enough time to stop by Scrapbooks-Plus right before they closed! I shut them down! I ran out of adhesive for my ATG 714, so I had to replenish my supply. My online supplier is currently out of stock, so I had no choice except make a mad dash to Scrapbooks-Plus. I found a few great finds, including some new Basic Grey patterned paper! I hope to be able to create some fun paper art later this evening since I have more adhesive to work with! Here are a couple of cards I completed a while ago. Ironically, they were for the same child, but at different times.

The card pictured right is a simple happy birthday card embellished with a green and white polka dot ribbon and paper flowers. The bud of the flower is adorned with a white pearl. The "Happy Birthday" sentiment is stamped in "aqua mist" ink.



The card pictured left is a simple get well soon card. The child who received this card had the same surgery I had when I was a child, so I just had to send a card to wish her well! She's recuperating just fine by the way. I used my handy dandy Cricut to cut out the polka dot patterned paper flower and also the red one behind it. I used a button as the flower bud. I stamped "hang in there," then cut it out and popped it off of the card. I used stickles to make the edges fun and interesting for a 4-year old, who is now 5! The entire card is on a glitter red cardstock!

No comments:

Blog Design: Girly by Design