header.gif (12,818 bytes)

4.15.2008

Square Woven Ribbon Technique & Fruit Arrangement

This card is cased by a Kristina Werner design. This is my first time trying the ribbon weave technique. I liked the way Kristina used Lisa Bearnson's kit as a window for the woven ribbon square. Since I did not have the kit, I created my own using square nestabilities. I used double-sided patterned paper. The square window and woven ribbon square are popped off the card with dimensionals. I placed a prima paper flower in the center of the woven ribbon square. The bud is a Making Memories green velvet brad. Red and green are common Christmas colors, but I like to 'break the rules' and use this wonderful color combination in the spring!

Ingredients
Paper: My Mind's Eye wild asparagus sweet dots/red paper, white CTMH cardstock
Accessories: Making Memories velvet brad; Papertrey Ink spring moss grosgrain ribbon;
Techniques: Woven Ribbon; Die cut w/ cuttlebug & square nestabilities

To water your appetite today, here is an "Ashley Fruit Arrangement" I made over the weekend for my party. To make the fruit arrangement, place a head of lettuce into your bowl or serving dish. Place fruit on skewers in alternating order. Place grapes on skewers last so no skewer will show. Place skewers in the head of lettuce starting on the lower outside, working your way inside, filling in all spaces! This was so fun and delightful! This fruit arrangement is great for your spring and summer gatherings and is economical to make! I added green satin ribbon and tied it into a bow around my white Crate and Barrel bowl for a finished look.


Ingredients
Fruit: Strawberries; Pineapple - cut into cubes; Grapes (or any other fruit you love)
Bamboo/Wooden Skewers
Head of lettuce
Technique:
30 minutes of patience

No comments:

Blog Design: Girly by Design