header.gif (12,818 bytes)

5.04.2008

Congratulations to the Graduates



Mother's Day is not the only major event most people need cards for; there are also graduations. Whether high school or college, I can customize a special card for any graduate. Here are a couple of cards I designed for a college graduate.

I used the cuttlebug embossing technique on this card where I inked the negative side of my spots and dots embossing folder in black, then embossed on the green paper, which creates a different kind of distressed effect. Make sure you immediately clean your embossing folder to remove all of the ink. I use quick and easy baby wipes; they do the trick! Next, I stamped the "G-Graduate" stamp with Versamark, then applied black embossing powder and dried. I popped it off of the card and added black buttons.




My Goodies
Stamp: SU! Great Grads
Ink: Versamark; Black ink dot
Paper: Army green & Black card stock (Michael's)
Accessories: Black buttons - MM 5th Avenue; Spots and Dots emboss folder; Cuttlebug
Technique: Stamped; Embossed (dry and heat)
Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"




The "Congrats" sentiment is stamped into a design on white card stock in various colors. Brads are added for dimension and more color. Polka dot pattern paper is applied to the top half of the card. To divide the two card sections, two satin ribbons are added with the stamped "grad" sentiment popped off the ribbons.

My Goodies
Stamps: SU! Great Grads; K&Co AB Lotus Greeting
Ink: CTHM Autumn Terracotta, Twilight, Topiary, Desert Sand
Paper: PTI white card stock; Bo Bunny Decaf Dot pattern/reversible paper; CTMH Rust card stock
Accessories: Brown satin ribbon - Paper Source; Rust ribbon - Michael's; Brads
Technique: Stamped; Sewed
Card Size: 5" x 7"

No comments:

Blog Design: Girly by Design