header.gif (12,818 bytes)

5.14.2008

Something BOld...Something New

congrats

I made this card to wish someone congratulations on 'something!' It can be for school or any other accomplishment or good news! I used my corner punch (removed the guard) to create the scalloped edge at the top of the card! It was my first time using this technique and I like it! I left the scalloped edge kind of popped off for a three-dimensional effect. The American Craft Thickers are amazing! However, I suggest using some glue dots to make sure they are securely affixed to your paper. Although they are self-adhesive, I find that they are easily removed, so to set them in place, I add a few glue small glue dots on the back of each letter!

My Goodies

Paper: MM 5th Avenue pattern paper; Archiver's Pre-scored card
Accessories: Red grosgrain ribbon; SU! Corner Punch' American Crafts Thickers; MM 5th Avenue Flower/Button
Card Size: 5" x 5"

a scrappy recovery

I used all scraps (minus the pre-scored card) to create this card! I am so proud of it! I have so many scraps, so I feel a sense of accomplishment when I use some of my scraps to create a new card! I stitched around the edges of the green card stock with a straight stitch, going over it a few times for added elements! I added an embossed neutral card stock on top and popped it off of the green card stock. I also distressed the edges. The ribbon is simply tied around the green card stock. The sentiment is added for a friend of ours who is recovering from a stroke. We wish him a speedy recovery! To finish it off, I inked the edges of the card with my cat's eye.

My Goodies
Stamp: Verve Visual Wishes
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip
Paper: White card stock; CTMH neutral card stock; Michaels army green; Joann Fabric Pre-Scored Card
Accessories: Stitched ribbon; Janome Sew Mini, Brown Thread; Cuttlebug; Swiss Dots Embossing Folder; Chestnut Roan ColorBox Cat's Eye; Distresser
Technique: Stamped; Dry Embossed; Distressed; Sewed
Card Size: 5.5" x 5.5"


My Birthday Celebration!

Here are a few pictures from my birthday celebration this weekend! I did not get any pictures of me playing my new wii! That is so much fun if you do not already have one...GET ONE! It is so interactive and not only for children, but for the entire family! Stay fit with the wii!






No comments:

Blog Design: Girly by Design