header.gif (12,818 bytes)

5.16.2008

Thank You Requests

Last month, I received a request to create thank you cards for an organization. The color inspiration was baby blue and pink. I was also to think about the chapter flower of rosebud, so I created a few choices for the client to select and here are a couple. Can you guess which design she chose? Well, it was my favorite (the first card shown below)!

To create this card, I first cut my aqua mist 8.5 " x 11"card stock into 4.25" by 11", then scored it at 5.5" and folded. Next, I dry embossed it with the Cuttlebug and Spots and Dots embossing folder. TIP: Make sure the negative side is on the side of the paper you wish the embossing to be on (the side with the "Cuttlebug" logo is the negative side). Then, I cut pink card stock. It is popped off of the card as well. I paper pierced this example, but stitched around others for more pizazz. Next, I used Marvy Uchida circle punches for the pink and blue pattern paper punches. I used a Creative Memories circle punch for the white circle. I popped each circle off of the other with dimensionals and added the velvet brad. For other cards, I used pom pom balls for chalking as the pink center - a great substitution. For the stem of the "flower" I trimmed a very thin piece of spring moss card stock with my Martha Stewart precision scissors and applied to the paper. To stamp the "Thank You" sentiment, I placed the clear stamp on my acrylic block and curved it to fit the curve in the stem. I added the popped flower bud to the stem for completion.

My Goodies
Stamp: PTI Women of Life
Ink: CTMH Twilight
Paper: PTI Aqua Mist, Spring Moss; CTMH pink; white card stock; Pattern Paper - Bo Bunny Ocean dot (blue) Blush dot (pink)
Accessories: MM Velvet brad; Spots and Dots embossing folder; Cuttlebug
Technique: Stamped; Dry Embossed; Distressed; Sewed
Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"



This card was simple to complete. After cutting and scoring the the card stock to create my base card, I cut white and pink card stock for the center. Then, I trimmed the ribbon and applied around the pink card stock. I applied it to the white card stock. Next, I stamped the rose buds and cut them out. I cut white card stock squares and popped them off of two of them. Finally I stamped the "many thanks" sentiment and popped all three squares off of the pink card stock.





My Goodies

Stamp: SU! Lots of Thoughts; CTMH Thoughts of You (rose buds)
Ink: CTMH Bubblegum
Paper: White card stock; CTMH pink; PTI Aqua Mist
Accessories: PTI aqua mist ribbon
Technique: Stamped
Card Size: 4.2" x 5.5"

If you have any event or project that you are working on that you would like invitations or cards, I can provide that for you! Currently, I am booked working on various projects from a baby scrapbook to client gifts for an interior designer to save-the-dates for a family reunion, and more! So, if you would like any cards or scrapbooks, please submit your requests early to make sure you get your item! I will continue to accept small orders for cards on an as-needed basis and when the web site is completed by June, I will post cards for every one to purchase on line! Thanks for stopping by today and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Blog Design: Girly by Design