header.gif (12,818 bytes)

6.20.2008

Happy Birthday, Amy

I'm so excited! This morning, I am heading out to the Great American Scrapbook Convention in Chantilly, VA. I did not register for any classes, but will be taking advantage of the "Make and Takes" and any other special offers vendors will be offering! I'll be sure to tell you all about it since this will be my first time as an attendee!

I was commissioned to create a wine bag with a matching card for a birthday. I started designing this combo with the bag. First, I covered majority of the bag with pattern paper. I just picked it up last Friday from Scrapdoodles and LOVE IT! Next, I applied the blue cardstock to the top portion of the bag. To make finish the look, I applied ribbon around the two, then adhered to the bag. I placed flowers to the left corner of the bag and added inked stamens for a realistic flower appeal. I popped on thickers to personalize the bag, then stamped the sentiment in an off-centered position in brown ink.



Here, you can see the both bag and card together as an 'ensemble.' From what I hear, Amy's husband recently was deployed to Iraq for the first time (and deployed anywhere for the first time in his nearly 20 years of service), so needless to say, this is a very difficult time. However, it is still her birthday and friends want to celebrate with her and definitely pick her up. I hope the wine...oh yeah and the bag and card help to make her feel juuuuuust a little better!











To create the card, I had a difficult time at first. Then, I got the nifty idea to cut out the design images of the pattern paper and adhere them to the card base. I affixed all of them flatly to the card base, except the one in the center, which I popped off. I added the sentiment in brown ink around the popped image for the finishing touch.


My Goodies
Stamp: PTI-Garden of Life (happy birthday)
Ink: Brown
Paper: KI Memories-Bloom-"Parasol"; Bazzil Basics blue cardstock
Accessories: American Craft Thickers; Brown ribbon; Prima Flowers
Technique: Stamped

No comments:

Blog Design: Girly by Design