header.gif (12,818 bytes)

6.04.2008

Myla & Taty Graduation Cards

I designed this card last night after receiving the request that my client needed it for the weekend. Sometimes, I can accommodate rush jobs! I had just enough time to squeeze these two cards in for twins!!

To create this card, I started with polka dot pattern paper. I used Heide Swapp star chipboard and paper pierced the polka dot paper and the reverse red paper on the stars. I sanded the edges of the chipboard after applying the paper to smooth out any unfinished edges. Then, I inked the edges with cranberry ColorBox cat's eye. I applied the red paper-pierced chipboard stars on the polka dot paper-pierced stars with a glue dot. I applied the stars on a dry embossed white card stock. I stamped "superstar" on the bottom right corner. To personalize it, I used foam stickers from The Stamping and Scrapbooking Room! I used my SU! ticket corner punch to punch the corners of the white card stock. Then, I applied dew dots to each corder!

My Goodies
Stamp: Verve Visual Great Expectations (Superstar)
Ink: Cranberry ColorBox Cat's Eye; CTMH Cranberry
Paper: Pattern Paper (polka dot/red) Let's Get Together; White card stock - PTI; Red card stock - Michaels
Accessories: Small thickers-Stamping and Scrapbooking Room; Dew Dots; Cuttlebug; Swiss Dots Embossing Folder
Technique: Stamped; Paper-Pierced
Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"


I designed this card by first selecting my pattern paper. I just received it from the UPS guy yesterday, so I HAD to use it! It is from CTMH (Let's Get Together Paper Packet). It is a kit of pattern paper and coordinating solid card stock. I used the yellow card stock as my base and scored it using my new Scor-Pal! I layered the pattern paper on blue and red card stock (that did not come in my paper kit). I found a remnant of the stitched grosgrain ribbon and thought YES, I can use a scrap! It wasn't large enough to tie a bow, so I trimmed it at an angle and added cute yellow brads! I stamped the sentiment, "I'm so proud of you" with Cranberry ink on white card stock and layered it on the blue and red card stock, then popped it off of the ribbon.

I thought I was done, but remembered I must add Taty's name! So, I punched circles with my Creative Memories circle punch, then added the small thickers for her name! It looks like I had this all thought out, but most of the time, my cards just "fall" into place! Lastly, I added green waxy flax from CTMH and tied in a bow. In the picture it moved, but it is supposed to be to the right of the sentiment!

My Goodies
Stamp: Verve Visual Great Expectations
Ink: CTMH Cranberry
Paper: Pattern Paper - CTMH; White card stock - PTI; Red card stock - Michaels; Blue card stock - CTMH; Green Card stock - CTMH; Yellow Card stock - CTMH
Accessories: American Crafts Thickers; Brads
Technique: Stamped
Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Blog Design: Girly by Design