header.gif (12,818 bytes)

6.26.2008

Of All the Beads Inspiration

Of All the Beads is a custom handmade jewelry business where I purchase some of my jewelry. Of All the Beads is located in the Washington DC area and will create any jewelry designs or fix those priceless heirlooms. Hazel, the owner is fabulous and will work with you to fit your design needs! I am using one of my recent purchases as color inspiration to create the card below. Although my card does not do the necklace any justice, I thought as color inspiration, it was close enough!

This tangerine turquoise necklace is quite a spectacle. It adds much needed class to any outfit. The necklace features a sterling silver magnetic clasp.


This card is not my typical style, but I thought it was unique! I stamped the right side of the card with rose buds in orange ink (hard to see in the picture, unless you 'blow it up'). I layered pattern card stock on top of yellow and brown card stock to the card base. I added a tab stamped with "Birthday Wishes" to the side and tied a ribbon around the main focal point. "From all of us" was printed on the computer on vanilla card stock and matted on brown card stock. I placed three brads on the left side and popped it off the page. I rounded the top right corner of the card for the more 'office' feel because this was a card to a co-worker from a lot of other co-workers!


My Goodies
Stamp: Verve Visual (Birthday Wishes); PTI Garden of Life (rose buds)
Ink: Brown
Paper: PTI summer sunrise, lemon tart; brown; vanilla
Accessories: brads; ribbon
Technique: Stamped

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashley:

What can I say? I'm thrilled and delighted. Thank you so much, and I love that one of my necklaces inspired you to make such a beautiful card.

Blog Design: Girly by Design