header.gif (12,818 bytes)

8.01.2008

Princess Invitations

Here are two princess invitations I made for a mom to select for her princess' birthday party! Typically, I give my customers a few options. This time I only gave two, well because I worked so hard on one I was hoping she would select it...and she did! Can you guess which one? It's the one pictured right! I named it the "Laura Princess Pocket Invite." The card is a 5x7 pocket card. I trimmed 12x12 pink cardstock into 5x12, then scored at 7". I used clear embossing powder and heat embossed the polka dot background (SU!) and the you're invited sentiment (PTI). I used oval/scallop nestabilities to die cut the oval around the sentiment on pink and purple cardstocks. I placed a pink and purple ribbon around the bottom flap of the card (TT - I think). Two rhinestone jewels are place don each side of the sentiment that is popped off of the card base (KaiserCraft). For the letters, they are MM felt stickers (A.C. Moore). The tiara is clear embossed on purple cardstock with a pink rhinestone (TT).

The inside pocket has a white cardstock base with pink and purple cardstocks matted on top. I used French Script font in Microsoft Word with a pink/purple font to detail all of the party information. The top of the pocket insert is punched with a ribbon slit with various pink and purple ribbons.


The "Ella tri-fold Princess Invite" is also nice, but not as fun as the pocket. I used pink polka dot pattern paper for the strips on the tri-fold. On the green cardstock, I stamped "little princess" and a want from Technique Tuesday collection. The same tiara was used (TT). Ella are the same MM felt stickers. The inside include party details. But, my favorite feature of this invite is how it closes. I used Basic Grey's magnets on each side so it automatically closes. I think I played with the magnet closure part for about 10 minutes! HA!

Two very different styles, one glamorous and the other simple! I'll be making these invites over the weekend until next week. To make bulk paper art easier, I complete every component in steps. So, all trimming is done in one step, then all embossing and so forth! Doing one at a time would drive me nuts!

2 comments:

Jess said...

I like the pocket invite best! Very Cute!

Anonymous said...

These look great. Are they available for purchase? I will need 30? Please email a response to aleande@yahoo.com

Blog Design: Girly by Design