header.gif (12,818 bytes)

3.06.2009

Vintage Love


I'm so glad it's Friday! Yaaaay! Starting this weekend, I'm going to start celebrating my "Blogiversary!" On Monday, it will be 1 year since I started blogging and creating consistently. I've enjoyed every moment and have accomplished a lot. I appreciate each of my blog readers. To celebrate, I plan to have a few freebies up for grabs. Please check back frequently to cash in on some goodies and fun!

Anyway, today's card is a vintage style and uses Dawn's damask set again. I never thought I'd stamp over top polka dot, but this new bitty dot paper is perfect for that!

Have a good weekend!

Instructions:
  1. Trim close to cocoa cardstock to A2 greeting size and distress edges of card.
  2. Trim ocean tides bitty dots pattern paper into a rectangle.
  3. Stamp damask designs and sentiment on pattern paper.
  4. Distress pattern paper using paper distresser, ripping, and chalks.
  5. Trim melon berry cardstock to fit below bitty dots paper.
  6. Add loop trim.
  7. Tie ribbon into a bow.
  8. Add flower.
  9. Adhere to card front.
:: My Goodies {i love you}::
Stamps: Papertrey Ink-damask designs
Ink: Close to My Heart-desert sand; ColorBox-chestnut
Cardstocks: Papertrey Ink-melon berry; Stampin' Up!-close to cocoa
Pattern Paper: Papertrey Ink-ocean tides bitty dots
Accessories: dimensionals; Papertrey Ink-melon berry ribbon; Prima-flower; Making Memories-seafoam trim; Tim Holtz-paper distresser

9 comments:

Ruby said...

I love your card Ashley, it's really elegant. I love how you've done the stamping over the polka dots, it's really effective :o)

Regan said...

Ashley this is totally gorgeous!!!!

Michele Kovack said...

Ooooooohhhh, this is just so lovely!!! Love this!

Deanna said...

Lovin the shabby chic feel of your card! Beautiful!

Stamping Cafe said...

This is fabulous, love the colors and the distress!

Julie-Ann Wells (Jewels) said...

Ashley, your card is positively amazing! I Love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow a year - I just found you about a month ago - what was I missing all this time! I love your clean style and fab use of Papertrey goodies - so inspiring especially since I've moved towards a more clean & simple style. Thanks for blogging and sharing your work with us! Happy Anniversary!

Cat said...

A very beautiful card Ashley. I love all the dstressing you've done and the damask design stamp used twice on the the DP looks very effective. Happy Blog Anniversary!

Unknown said...

I love the elegance and the distressed look all together!

I tagged you on my blog if you want to check it out!

Blog Design: Girly by Design