header.gif (12,818 bytes)

7.22.2009

Wedding Series :: Punch of Elegance


Bridal Shower Invitation

Thank You Note


Wedding Invitation

Menu

Placecard

In Paper Crafts July/August issue, it encourages crafters to use limited supplies to make a variety of projects (in the magazine 5 different cards for $5). So, I decided a couple of months ago to embark on that venture. Here is a wedding series using minimal cardstock, patterned paper, ribbon, and tools.

Additional tools were used such as Cuttlebug, stamp, ink, nestabilities, computer, and printer, but those costs are nominal considering I use them on an almost everyday basis. So, that is why I decided not to include them in my overall cost analysis. The total cost for making the coordinating wedding ensemble is $5.50. So, I am $.50 over what Paper Crafts suggests, but this is for a wedding! I splurged on the patterned paper because it is a super limited supply. The matstack only includes 3 sheets of patterned paper, so in real life, I would substitute with a readily available patterned paper OR create my own by stamping a damask pattern. Those two options would greatly decrease my overall cost.

I call my first Wedding Series line, "Punch of Elegance" because it is elegant with the flocked damask patterned paper and packs a punch of color with the bold raspberry fizz cardstock. I say my first because I plan to add additional samples to my collection.

So, what do you think?

:: My Goodies {Packs a Punch} ::
Stamp: Stampin' Up! - elegant thank you; Papertrey Ink - Piece of Cake
Ink: Stampin' Up! - black
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - vintage cream + raspberry fizz + true black
Patterned Paper: DCWV La Creme matstack
Accessories: Papertrey Ink - true black ribbon; Provo Craft - Cuttlebug; Spellbinders - Labels 4 nestabilities; Hero Arts-black rhinestones

21 comments:

Takisha said...

Soooooo pretty and elegant! I love it!
Kisha
kdavissharingsomething.blogspot.com

Stamping Cafe said...

Wowzers, Ashley!! They are totally stunning!! WOW!!

Anonymous said...

Love this girl... LOVE it! Love this color combo. I think black + color and grey + color are my favorite combos!

Ann said...

Absolutely fabulous!

Heidi said...

Fantastic!

Mrs. ABC said...

Love this for a sophisticated wedding with a punch of color. So super cute.

Naomi Chokr said...

What do I think??? It's gorgeous!!! For just $5.50 for a wedding thats insane!!! So elegant too!!! I think you found yourself a new business venture

Francina Hollaway said...

Love It. My favorite wedding combo is the black and white with a splash of color.

Heather P. said...

What do I think? I *LOVE* this!! Wow, Ashley!

Tessa Wise said...

Ashley! I love this! Beautiful!! Great job keeping it at a budget price, too!

kee kee said...

This is just beautiful! It's elegant and modern. Great job on every detail! I hope you don't mind if I share your idea with a friend who's getting married next March :-)

Meda said...

I say it's stunning! This is coming from a person who makes wedding invitations all summer. I can't wait to see your new additions to your wedding collection.

Stampin' Diva said...

Very beautiful!!! Absolutely elegant

Maria L. said...

Wonderful set - so eye catching and elegant. Love the PP you chose and that you paired it with pink! :)

Deanna said...

Stunning girl!

NikkiM said...

Love - LOVE - loooove your work, stunning simplicity!! I've given you a blog award, go check it out :)

Savitri said...

You're too motivated :) AWESOME set!!! Yes, add more!

Mary said...

Gorgeous!

ShellyWorld said...

Ah! Beautiful..... Love the pink

Create Fabulous said...

this is be-a-u-ti-ful! wow, what an incredible set. you definitely need to sell these!

Rose said...

Beautiful job! Now I need to make a set of projects with limited supplies! Thanks for the inspiration!

Blog Design: Girly by Design