header.gif (12,818 bytes)

10.28.2009

Warm Winter Months


WOO! It's already Hump Day and I'm happy about that!! Today, I am sharing a card using Tracy Schultz's The Petal Press stamp line, Sleigh Ride. I decided to try out Card Positioning System's sketch for the week (CPS139). I thought it was interesting with the wavy lined background! Ric Rac trim would also look great back there, but I didn't have any that matched my design, so I used a curvy paper trimmer and good old cardstock to create the design! It looked so plain, so I doodled a bit, adding dotted lines, which gave it a little bit more pizazz I think!

Thanks for stopping by!

Instructions
  1. Trim turquoise cardstock to an A2 card base.
  2. Die cut scallop oval.
  3. Stamp sleigh image and color.
  4. Add glossy accents to ornaments.
  5. Trim red cardstock into curvy strips and adhere to card front.
  6. Add scallop oval die.
  7. Doodle.
  8. Stamp sentiment and add buttons.
Supplies
  • Stamps :: The Petal Press - sleigh ride
  • Ink :: Stampin' Up! - chocolate chip; Copic - markers
  • Paper :: Stampin' Up! - bermuda bay; Papertrey Ink - kraft, pure poppy
  • Embellishments :: Papertrey Ink - buttons
  • Tools :: Spellbinders - scallop oval nestabilities; Provo Craft - cuttlebug; Creative Memories - curvy trimmer

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look how pretty! And you COLORED! Wahoo! :-) GAWGEOUS! Love, love, love your turquoise. ;-)

Stampin' Diva said...

I love the colors. Just so gorgeous and not typical for Christmas

Carolyn Mustopa said...

Love everything about this, from the fresh colors to all the great details!

i {heart} papers said...

Love this! I adore the curvy lines!

Deanna said...

Gorgeous, I love what you did with this sketch!

Brandi said...

Ashley,

What a great color combo! So pretty!

Brandi

Blog Design: Girly by Design