header.gif (12,818 bytes)

2.14.2010

Paris Valentine


So, just for a minute, let's pretend we're all in Paris on this Valentine's Day! Here's a Paris Valentine to get you started! I hope each of you are enjoying this special day in your own way. It doesn't have to mean dates that include dinner, movie, flowers, and candy. Strong relationships that stand the test of time figure out what works best for them, as a couple. Besides, shouldn't Valentine's Day be every day? I'm not a Valentine's Day grinch, but I think it's one of those holidays that just makes people spend money when they do not have to (if you know what I mean). Do something special for your loved one every day, not just today because there may not be a tomorrow.

Thanks so much for stopping by and pass some love today!

Instructions
  1. Make card base (larger than A7 somehow by accident)
  2. Trim berry sorbet cardstock to fit card front and stamp background pattern, then ink edges and adhere to card front.
  3. Stitch around canvas tag, then adhere to card front.
  4. Add rhinestones and pearls.
  5. Stamp sentiment, ink, and distress.
  6. Adhere to card front with foam adhesive.
Supplies

Stamps :: Cornish Heritage Farms - tulle damask; SU! - teeny tiny wishes
Ink :: Clear Snaps - chestnut, dune; Ranger - vintage photo
Paper :: PTI - dark chocolate, berry sorbet, sweet blush
Embellishments :: SU! - pretties kit (pearls); Kaiser - rhinestones; Pink Paislee - canvas tag patches

14 comments:

Els said...

gorgeous card! I love this colorcombo! Valentine's day at it's best!

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Lovely and elegant, Ashley! Happy Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

I dream going to Paris with my hubby... someday... maybe...
Love your card...and those stamps are awesome! Thanks for sharing, Ash!!! Have a wonderful and romantic Valentine's day!

Rae said...

Pretty card!

JenMarie said...

Ooo...tres chic!

Laura Davis said...

Beautiful!
hugs
Laura

Lucy said...

Lovely.....well said! <3

JulieHRR said...

.............THUD!!! And that is all I got to say about that!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Patty said...

I love the colors you used on this card. I also really love that background paper that you used.

itsallrosi said...

the scrapblock looks great with this fancy french card!

~kelly marie~ said...

Gorgeous card! Just beautiful!

Terri said...

Great card! I completely agree with you about Valentines Day!

Anonymous said...

Soooo gorgeous! I just love this card!
I agree with your Valentine stand. I hate the forced flowers and would rather have them "just because".

Blog Design: Girly by Design